Is it fermenting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorlee

Reaction score
Hi guys! Thank you so much for this wonderful forum! =)

I made my first batch yesterday. (Coopers Beer kit - Pilsner).
I made it like the manual told me to (I used Coopers Brewer enhancer instead of sugar).
The thing is, I made it together with a lot of friends. Their batches went crazy fermenting after 5-6 hours (a lot of air-lock bubbles, much foam etc), but mine took around 36 hours to get just some air-bubbles (I'm guessing 6-7 bubbles a minute).
We used the same kits, the only difference was that they used malt and I used the Coopers brewer enhancer.

Should I just wait this out?
I don't own a hydrometer right now (but! I will definitely buy one!), so I can't do any readings.
I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, but when I saw my friends' buckets, I just started wondering if I've screwed up my batch...

Thank you guys so much for your help! :)

You're fine. Sometimes it takes longer. Depends on the exact yeast, yeast age, yeast emotions :D, temperatures, etc. Don't sweat it. What temp are you fermenting at?

I would suggest getting a hydrometer, it is incredibly valuable in helping to determine when your beer is done.

Back