Is it brass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramgeva

Reaction score
Hi
I just got my post back after installing heating elements, and I noticed that there are yellow metal inside, I asked the person who install it if it is brass but he said no and it is silver??? Yellow?? Maybe I heated him wrong, anyway I attached a picture please tell me what you think and what ca I do to test if it is brass.
10x ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404805754.116076.jpg
BTW
is there any lab I can send a sample of my finished beer (before fermentation) ? to test for hazards metal and other nasty stuff that can leak from my gear to check that my gear is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks I already read this article, the issue is that it is welded any I can't take it a part to clean, is there a way to check it? I read that brass is slightly magnetic so I tested with earth magnets and it isn't magnetic, what else can I do?
Also regarding the lab question is there such lab that perform such tests?
10x

There should be an environmental analytical lab in your area. They can test for metals in an aqueous sample. They'll give you a sample container too. You'll want to use distilled water, not beer, to give clearer results. Just adjust the water pH to 4 or so then cook it in the pot, maybe let it sit for a day as well to give it the opportunity to leach metals.

Ok 10x will check it

Back