Is It Alright To Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMonkster

Reaction score
I brewed a Brew's Best Amber Ale extract kit, it sat in the primary for three weeks. I dry hopped it, it's been sitting for nine days. I still see some activity in the air-lock. Everything was fine when I checked the FG. This was my second extract kit, so I knew from all the help on here was just let it go for three weeks, which became easy to do after the first brew!! Lol!! Plus it helped to able to do more kits to keep my buckets full, I did a Mush-mouth stout from Jasper's & a True Brew Black Lager kit. Anyways, got side tracked, my question is, can I bottle or should I wait? Don't wanna have "Bottle Bombs" & don't wanna lose the hop flavor. Thanks for any help!!

after 3 weeks and then 9 days dry-hop, go ahead and bottle. yes, you'll hear some people say "you HAVE to check grav and make sure it doesn't change for x days to be sure". bottle it

lumpher said:
after 3 weeks and then 9 days dry-hop, go ahead and bottle. yes, you'll hear some people say "you HAVE to check grav and make sure it doesn't change for x days to be sure". bottle it

The grav was fine when I dry hoped. Another question, why is there still activity in the air-lock?

BrewMonkster said:
The grav was fine when I dry hoped. Another question, why is there still activity in the air-lock?

Did the temperature where you are storing change at all? Increase in temp could change pressure in the bucket or could possibly re activate some of your yeast. FG will tell you if yeast are still going.

if you moved it, there can be off-gassing also, which is basically since if you shook it up, co2 can be escaping

Back