IPA Help - Coney Island Merman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacandagabrewing

Reaction score
So this is my favorite IPA but I moved out of the area and can no longer get it. The brewery posted the hops, malt, ibu, and alcohol percentage but I have no idea how I would go about crafting the recipe. I figured I would turn to you guys who are way smarter than me to put something together for the first ever IPA recipe that I am doing. I’m not looking for any specific style (read: NEIPA or WCIPA) so just let me know what you think sounds good.

Malt: 2 row, Maris Otter, Wheat, flaked oats, honey malt, acidulated malt

Hops: Bravo, Mosaic, Galaxy, Mandarina Bavaria

abv: 5.8
Ibu: 55 (I don’t care about being higher or lower)

So this is my favorite IPA but I moved out of the area and can no longer get it. The brewery posted the hops, malt, ibu, and alcohol percentage but I have no idea how I would go about crafting the recipe. I figured I would turn to you guys who are way smarter than me to put something together for the first ever IPA recipe that I am doing. I’m not looking for any specific style (read: NEIPA or WCIPA) so just let me know what you think sounds good.

Malt: 2 row, Maris Otter, Wheat, flaked oats, honey malt, acidulated malt

Hops: Bravo, Mosaic, Galaxy, Mandarina Bavaria

abv: 5.8
Ibu: 55 (I don’t care about being higher or lower)
I figured out the grain bill so I just have no idea what the hell I am doing with the hops. The bill is:

5# 2 Row
4.5# Maris Otter
1.5# wheat
8oz Flaked Oats
2oz Acid Malt
4 Oz Honey malt

Knowing nothing about that beer, if I was going to use those 4 hops I'd whirlpool 2oz. ea. Bravo and Mosaic, and dry hop 4oz. ea. Galaxy and Mandarina. The Mandarina will probably get trampled by the Galaxy, but still add to a pretty orangey-sounding profile.

Back