Investigating Neomexicanus Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KidMoxie

Reaction score
Howdy hop enthusiasts, as a follower of Stan Hieronymus’ blog I was recently tipped-off to the fact that a monastery in New Mexico has successfully cultivated and is selling homebrew-sized batches of neomexicanus hops from their website. Since this native American variety is new to the homebrew and even professional brewing scenes I thought I’d do a bit of research and share the details. I put together everything I found thus far in a couple of blog posts I thought y'all would enjoy.

Part 1: A primer on neomexicanus hops.

Part 2: I take a look at everything that's available for brewing, growing, and drinking with neomexicanus.

If anyone has any questions about neomexicanus, let me know. I've learned quite a bit about it in the past few weeks! :mug:

A local brewery gave our club a bag of Medusa. I've brewed several times with it. Actually brewing a Medusa APA now. I really like it. Very unique fruity flavors and aromas.

Very unique fruity flavors and aromas.

That's really cool, I've heard it has a very nice peachy character to it. I'd really love to hear how your batch turns out.

I just brewed an APA this past weekend that uses the Chama variety from Holy Hops. It had a great floral/passionfruit aroma to it. Can't wait to try it!

Latest posts

Back