Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my new tap arrived from aliepress...
It is a perlick clone and the interchangable tips are the same threads as the intertaps.... they used the ball and oring design. Mine appears to be built very well of solid stainless... its the same as the unbranded perlick I bought this summer only with the changable tip.

Thinking about adding taps to my keezer would you recommend these? How can you tell the quality of the stainless?

Well im not going to have them dissected for metallurgy to be done but they are stainless I can tell by the color at machined edges... Chinese stainless in general is the same as any other just about every other piece of stainless in my brewery's from there too so i have no worries in this regard.

The one without the removable spout that I purchased 6 months ago have held up well, when I compared that one to the perlick brand one I have they are just about identical.

I would have no reservations about buying more. it seems to be very good quality.

Well im not going to have them dissected for metallurgy to be done but they are stainless I can tell by the color at machined edges... Chinese stainless in general is the same as any other just about every other piece of stainless in my brewery's from there too so i have no worries in this regard.

The one without the removable spout that I purchased 6 months ago have held up well, when I compared that one to the perlick brand one I have they are just about identical.

I would have no reservations about buying more. it seems to be very good quality.

Thanks for the reply I am not super concerned about the quality of the stainless more about chrome plated brass being sold as stainless. I talked to one of the AliExpress sellers last night and they said it is basically an Intertap they just don't have the rights to use the name anymore.

Augie could you please post a link to the ones you bought? I tried searching AliExpress and couldn't find them.

Thanks for the reply I am not super concerned about the quality of the stainless more about chrome plated brass being sold as stainless. I talked to one of the AliExpress sellers last night and they said it is basically an Intertap they just don't have the rights to use the name anymore.

well internally its actually a totally different perlick ball and oring design and not the shuttle system intertap uses.

Searched this forum thread, really like this tap, don't like the barbed fitting they sell, too large for the way I like to fill my bottles....(https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24678)

I found someone that said the threads on the tap are 3/8-19 British standard. Looked around for a smaller male to barb with that thread, didn't have a lot of luck. Lots of wholesale websites.

Ran out to the shed and grabbed a 3/8 NPT to barb, worked fine, sealed fine. Need to find a non brass one now. Hope this helps anyone else curious if they can screw something else into the thread.

EDIT: LOL @ the stainless prices I found for 3/8NPT - 3/8" barb, i'll do some more googling later. I did find this chrome plated one:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3116/overview/

Good enough.

Searched this forum thread, really like this tap, don't like the barbed fitting they sell, too large for the way I like to fill my bottles....(https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24678)

I found someone that said the threads on the tap are 3/8-19 British standard. Looked around for a smaller male to barb with that thread, didn't have a lot of luck. Lots of wholesale websites.

Ran out to the shed and grabbed a 3/8 NPT to barb, worked fine, sealed fine. Need to find a non brass one now. Hope this helps anyone else curious if they can screw something else into the thread.

EDIT: LOL @ the stainless prices I found for 3/8NPT - 3/8" barb, i'll do some more googling later. I did find this chrome plated one:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3116/overview/

Good enough.

ebay has those barbed fittings in stainless I have a bunch for another part of my brewery I got there..
I think the larger flow filler works great for growlers.. I think that was the main concern in it design.

ebay has those barbed fittings in stainless I have a bunch for another part of my brewery I got there..

Thanks! I'll take a look. :mug:

I think the larger flow filler works great for growlers.. I think that was the main concern in it design.

Yes I agree it works great for a growler filler, but for bottles it's a bit too big imo.

how necessary is the flow control vs the regular forward seal ones?

I plan on having 6 feet of line for each tap

Whenever I build my collar and get ready for real taps i'm 100% going intertap. Heard nothing but good things and come on, being able to switch between a stout/regular faucet for a fraction of the price is probably the best feature of any tap on the market.

Does anyone know if the intertap shanks are worth it? they seem more expensive than other stainless steel ones.

also if i get 10-12 foot lines - do i really need the flow control models? They are of course a lot more expensive.

So seems between lines, connectors, shanks, and faucets for 5 taps... $$$ :)

Does anyone know if the intertap shanks are worth it? they seem more expensive than other stainless steel ones.

I finally got around to trying my FC faucet. It's on one of the adaptors that attach right to the ball lock disconnect, in other words there is no beverage line) and it's a pretty good pour. I was pretty impressed, but I have no plans to swap out my regular faucets. With the proper line length, there is no issue. However, I will get another FC faucet for my jockey box.

My regular SS faucets work fine and they also work with the intertap springs. I can't think of any good reason to get the more expensive shanks.

Well, sure, if your operational practices need a crutch, that's a good one ;)

I guess I was expecting you to say that... I see it as another way to keep things easier since I dont have the space to keep all my beers refrigerated under gas pressure.

In any case if I had a huge den with room for a keezer instead of a tiny kegerator with 3 kegs and a co2 tank hogging all the room that I would otherwise use for 30-36ft of beer line than yeah I wouldnt benefit from them as well. anyway since I only paid $35 each including shipping for my stainless FC intertaps it was kind of a win win situation for me anyway...

Pro tip! Take your faucets apart and clean them well! I had a crazy hoppy IPA on tap that pulled a bunch of hop chunks through the faucet. The shank and faucet got completely clogged and I had to take everything apart. Also check under the bonnet because there was some sticky brown gunk on the O ring

I just picked up 2 of these, regular stainless steel versions. They work great, pour nice and feel nice and sturdy. Biggest selling feature for me had to be the interchangeable spouts. I've got a ball lock spout on the way to hook my Beergun up to, the stout and growler filler spouts are also very tempting.

Thinking of getting a couple more flow control versions for the jockey box.

I just picked up 2 of these, regular stainless steel versions. They work great, pour nice and feel nice and sturdy. Biggest selling feature for me had to be the interchangeable spouts. I've got a ball lock spout on the way to hook my Beergun up to, the stout and growler filler spouts are also very tempting.

Thinking of getting a couple more flow control versions for the jockey box.

Wow, I have been using the growler filler attachment to fill 12 oz bottles. I didn't even think about hooking my beer gun up to the ball lock attachment. Thanks for the idea!

So with the ball lock nozzle you hook up the post to the beer gun with the additional 10ft of line?

nah i think it means you can significantly shorten your beer line if your connecting to an existing line. would be handy for not having to deal with that. or open the fridge/freezer either.
add to the a flow control faucet and you might in for the win here.

nah i think it means you can significantly shorten your beer line if your connecting to an existing line. would be handy for not having to deal with that. or open the fridge/freezer either.
add to the a flow control faucet and you might in for the win here.

So you just make a short run from the faucet to the beergun? I don't know how much I trust my beer lines to be 100% sanitary if bottling from it.

So you just make a short run from the faucet to the beergun? I don't know how much I trust my beer lines to be 100% sanitary if bottling from it.

I haven't done it, but adding another 6 foot or so of line will just slow downand cause issues i would've thought.

in regard to the sanitary beer lines, i'd suggest they'd be ok, you are pouring pints as it is. and if they were unsanitary you'd have issues.

I don't have mine hooked up yet, but the longer your lines the less foaming you'll have. I've got 10' of line inside the kegerator, I'll start with another 10' to the gun. Should allow bottle filling at serving pressure.

@booth74 More Beer carries all of the attachments.

Can you provide a link for the growler filler attachment please?

Here is a link to Williams Brewing page with the accessories.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/INTERTAP-FAUCETS-SHANKS-C340.aspx

I just ordered a faucet, spring, and growler filler attachment.

I'm wondering if the QD Post attachment would allow for an easy BLC backflush? I have a garden sprayer device, but I hate having to have the door open to use it. My plan is to hook up the garden sprayer to a QD and then snap that onto the Intertap Post attachment. Then I can backflush the BLC into the recently emptied keg (pop open the purge valve to allow flow into the keg.) Seems like it would work fine and be way more convenient than the way I am doing it now.

I still need to order springs, stout, and growler fillers... oh well the birthday is coming up in the next few months, will be some ideas for people!

Back