Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just got 5 regular intertap and one flow control and 6 intertap shank assemblies. I noticed the barb on the inlet of the shank is remarkably small. Doesn't this cause excess foaming? Anyone have any issues?

Last edited:
I recently bought the SS one without fc (the SS-8022), when I took it apart I saw that there was only one nylon seating for the pivot ball, it went on top of the ball with only a rubber o-ring on the bottom. Is this as it should be? I see the replacement kit contains 2 nylon seating rings.

I can't seem to find a shop that carries the replacement kit and does international shipping, does anyone know of one?

I recently bought the SS one without fc (the SS-8022), when I took it apart I saw that there was only one nylon seating for the pivot ball, it went on top of the ball with only a rubber o-ring on the bottom. Is this as it should be? I see the replacement kit contains 2 nylon seating rings.

I can't seem to find a shop that carries the replacement kit and does international shipping, does anyone know of one?

Have you looked at the Australia & NZ shops?

http://www.brewshop.co.nz/intertap-seal-kit.html

Got my 4 other intertaps delivered yesterday
I'll be installing them this weekend
Hopefully it'll be issue free like the other two

How do Micromatics compare to Perlicks or Intertaps? I can't seem to find any drawings, pics or such that show what the inside are like.

afaik, nearly all Micromatic faucets are rear-seal. The possible exception are the Roto faucets as they use a sliding cartridge to block off the spout, but those are wicked pricey for what they are...

Cheers!

I have 2 faucets now. They are Gold colored Perlicks. Now that I have the option to add a 3rd or 4th keg to my kegerator, I'd like to find some faucets to kind of match the look of the perlicks. I can only find the gold colored Intertap faucets with Flow Control. Do they make them Gold Colored in Non-FC?

afaik, nearly all Micromatic faucets are rear-seal. The possible exception are the Roto faucets as they use a sliding cartridge to block off the spout, but those are wicked pricey for what they are...

Cheers!

I thought they were rear seal. They looked like they would be. Yes, those Rotos are pricey! CMB is another faucet that I was looking at online. With the exception of Vent-matics, which are a great product with horrible management/ownership, Perlicks and Intertaps seem to be the best affordable beer faucets out there.

I have 2 faucets now. They are Gold colored Perlicks. Now that I have the option to add a 3rd or 4th keg to my kegerator, I'd like to find some faucets to kind of match the look of the perlicks. I can only find the gold colored Intertap faucets with Flow Control. Do they make them Gold Colored in Non-FC?

It sure looks that way.

It cost me like 60 shipped on eBay
Had to be cleaned and fixed a lil bit
The drip tray cost more hah
Think it was like 70-80

I've been nothing but happy with my Intertaps. I have three almost new CMB's out of commission because I like the Intertaps better.

Is there anything specific about the Intertaps (or the CMBs) that make you like the Intertaps better?

Several things actually!

CMB's are heavy and the castings and tolerances seem higher end than Intertaps. However, the cartridge (with the creamer function) is VERY easy to break. Push back a little too hard (meaning hardly at all) with a large faucet handle and you'll have a problem. Does it kill the faucet? No - but it will cause it to drip. Support was AWESOME - but still a concern. The little black plastic tips on the end of the faucet seem to serve no purpose but I did get them stuck occasionally when I was using a short piece of silicon hose as a growler filler (they stuck in the hose). Little things like that bother me (since I'm pretty OCD).

Intertaps (at least the ones I have - there seems to be some variance based on posts here) only drip once or twice after a pour. Don't have the hassle of the "cartridge." Basically just a on/off nice action (mine are set up with the springs to assist turning them off). The pours I get from them are PERFECT. I couldn't seem to get a good pour from the CMB's - always a foaming problem. I changed nothing on the lines / pressures, etc so I assume it has something to do with internal flow patterns. The interchangeable spouts are cool but I haven't really had the need to change them. Nice to know it's an option though.

Again - these are my impressions and I know that others may disagree. Whether I have a "good batch" of the Intertaps or not - I'm sticking with them and the CMB's are on the shelf as backups if ever needed.

Hope that helps.

I can only compare them to ****ty ole faucets and perlicks
The pour I get from every intertap is perfect
It's amazing

It sounds like there is every reason to go with Intertaps. I recently received a catalog from Williams Brewing, and noticed that they now stock an Intertap ball lock spout.

I am looking into them as well. Seem to be very similar to the Perlicks I have. I am not pleased with having to spend $55 on the gold colored faucets, but it's either that or have mismatched faucets on my kegerator. Not the end of the world, but I'd still like them all to look similar.

Or I sell my perlicks and go with less expensive Intertaps across the board.

I am looking into them as well. Seem to be very similar to the Perlicks I have. I am not pleased with having to spend $55 on the gold colored faucets, but it's either that or have mismatched faucets on my kegerator. Not the end of the world, but I'd still like them all to look similar.

Those faucets are not gold colored, they're gold plated. That's why they cost so much more.

If your Perlicks are the 425ss, I may be interested.

Has anyone bought the chrome plated version of the Intertaps? They're 18.99 on MoreBeer now. Seems too good to pass up.

Has anyone bought the chrome plated version of the Intertaps? They're 18.99 on MoreBeer now. Seems too good to pass up.

I wouldn't trust chrome unless you are willing to replace them in a few years when they start falling apart inside out.

What is people's thoughts on the Intertap with the stout nozzle versus a dedicated stout tap for beers on beer gas mix?

And is flow control worth the extra cost or just go with balanced lines?

To push beer through a stout faucet of any kind requires beer gas and lower carbonation.

Some in the thread had both a stout faucet and the Intertap with the stout nozzle, was wonder how they compared. Planning on having a nitro tap and wondering which I should buy.

If you're starting a kegerator from scratch, buy an Intertap and a stout spout. Try it, see if you like it. If not, I'm sure you'll be happy with the Intertap without the stout spout for your other beers. If you don't like the stout spout, you're only out a handful of dollars. But the potential for savings if you do like it is pretty big.

I have two nitro taps at work, and I've swapped them over to the Intertaps with stout faucets. They pour just as nice, if not better, and they don't take any special instructions for people who don't know how to use an actual stout faucet. "Just pout it like a beer" works every time.

So how is the stout spout different from the sparkler?

Well the sparkler spouts do not exist and will not in the near future. I asked Keg King on their Facebook page a few days about and ETA for them and then seemed to think there was a little demand for them, so are currently concentrating their resources on other new items. They have said they would produce one of their excellent tutorial videos on their ball lock spout though.
I was quite surprised about the sparkler comments as I would have thought that if they get it right, like with their stout spouts, it would provide an easy and cheap beer engine like experience. Feel free to contact their resellers about it to prove them wrong on the demand though!

What is people's thoughts on the Intertap with the stout nozzle versus a dedicated stout tap for beers on beer gas mix?

And is flow control worth the extra cost or just go with balanced lines?

100% get the FC. They rule.

Latest posts

Back