Inkbird ITC308 issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew703

Reaction score
I bought one last November for my keezer. The temp probe lasted about 6 months as it would not register the correct temp causing my keezer to run for hours. So I contacted Inkbird and they sent a replacement. Forward 6 months and same thing is happening.

I have the probe in a mason jar filled with the gel from the freezer packs. I'm wondering if the gel is affecting the probe some way. It's supposed to be water tight so it should not be an issue.

This is getting frustrating to say the least. Anyone experience issues like this?

I'll say that Inkbird has always responded within 24 hrs and never had issues as their customer service is fantastic. I'll be contacting them again about this 2nd issue.

Just curious if anyone has used the other products on the market serving the same purpose. I already have a A419 but I much prefer the Inkbird. I'm just getting tired of the issues.

If the gel is petroleum based it may be slowly eating through the plastic on the probe cord, it wouldn't take a very big hole for some gel to get in and foul your probe.

I have 4 and have never had an issue with any of them.. 3 years running strong.. mine are the original without the detachable probe.. I have one probe fully submerged in my glycol chiller..

What was happening is the temp probe was measuring 37.9 degrees (set point is 35 with a 3 degree swing). It stayed at that temp for quite a while once i noticed it. The inside walls were frosted over so i knew it had been running for a while. I unplugged the Inkbird last night and let it sit for 10 min then turned it on. It then registered 37.3 degrees and began to drop.
Not sure what is causing this but as mentioned, the unit is becoming unreliable. Don't want the compressor to burn up from constant running when I'm not home.
I'll contact Inkbird to see what they say.

Back