Inkbird ipb 16S controller (240v help)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illomenbrewery

Reaction score
I just wanted to see if I swap out the 110v GFCI cord that comes with the inkbird with a 240v GFCI (RCBO) cord, will that make it 240 v friendly with no other adjustments needed? I see that outputs are 110/220v for heat and pump. I just want to make sure before attempting this. Thanks for the help!

The SSR on the new 16s units is quite small so I believe that would depend on what kind of 240v load you're planning to use. It's still triggered by a 12VDC signal so you COULD upgrade to a higher current SSR but there is no actual heat sink so you'll probably burn out SSRs quite a bit if you try to run a 4500 watt or higher element.

hey bobby. I actually would only run the 16s for mashing with your 12”rims tube and a 240v 2500 watt ulwd folded element. I am currently in Belgium and was assuming the GFCI plug would be the only thing I would have to swap out. Is that correct? I do have a 40 amp ase and heat sink if needed.

The SSR on the new 16s units is quite small so I believe that would depend on what kind of 240v load you're planning to use. It's still triggered by a 12VDC signal so you COULD upgrade to a higher current SSR but there is no actual heat sink so you'll probably burn out SSRs quite a bit if you try to run a 4500 watt or higher element.

Latest posts

Back