Inkbird IP-16S to run 240v

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishskate

Reaction score
So, I’m planning to us the IP-26s to switch an SSR to run a 240v element. The assumption is that it won’t know or care whether it’s turning on and off a 120v element, or an SSR.
the SSR I have is an Inkbird that takes a max input of 32v. Can I just usesomething like a phone adapter to step down the voltage, or should I really just buy an SSR that can handle a 120v input?
And am I completely overlooking something and none of this will work?

Edit: the drawing is a bit cramped. I intend to put the contactor before the SSR. I know some prefer the opposite. The circle leading to the question mark is where I’m considering the power adapter.

Attachments

• 1B64DBBF-122F-423E-BB3D-3F6C33CDDAE2.jpeg
    1B64DBBF-122F-423E-BB3D-3F6C33CDDAE2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You cannot control an SSR from an InkBird IPB-16S. The 16S outputs 120V AC. An SSR requires a 3 - 32V DC control input.

Brew on :mug:

You said that you had one of the typical DC control input SSRs. But, something like the above might work, but not sure what the turn-on/turn-off characteristics are when driven by AC. I would also be wary of an unbranded (or Fotek branded) SSRs. There are a lot of low quality SSRs out there, that tend to use underrated internal components (one tear-down I recall had a 10A TRIAC as the switching element in an SSR rated for 25A.)

Not sure why you want to reinvent the wheel however. I don't really see any cost savings with your approach.

Brew on :mug:

Back