Infusion with hop rocket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acroporabrewer

Reaction score
I have been able to simply add coffee, raspberries, and hops to the keg to make some really interesting beer in my 10g keggle system. However, it always seems that the favor isn't evenly dispersed and doesn't last but a few weeks. Also, it seems that adding the ingredients after the cold crash is the best way to have fresh flavor and not bitter at all. Another problem is that if you leave them in the keg, they get old if they stay in there too long. I've had success with cold brew coffee but I am not able to get enough of the coffee flavor. Bitter flavors were detected when adding these ingredients in the secondary.

I just bought a hop rocket to add to the keg to use as a Randalizer but this kind of feel like cheating. One idea that I have is to infuse the items by using a pump/Hop rocket combo coming out a sanitized cooler/brite tank and return back in for true infusion. I am thinking that I would infuse for 12 - 24 hours. Does this sound right to others? Has anybody tried this or have other suggestions?

Back