Infinite Possibilities of Fruity Fruity Fruit Juice??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I make applewine by combining treetop apple juice with yeast. Everytime I walk down the juice aisle at walmart I see a wide array of different types of juice and wonder if I can make any flavor of wine from the different types of juice. Is there any reason this wouldn't be true? Also Would the wine from say hawaiin punch be disgusting? Thanks

Yes, you can use any type of juice, as long as it's real juice and preservative free (except vitamin c). Some of it will be better than others, have fun finding out which is which. Hawaiian Punch is not juice and probably full of preservatives, yes it would be disgusting. I saw a guy on youtube try to make Coca Cola wine - spoiler alert: nope.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some juices taste terrible without sweetness. So if something turns out nasty, try adding some sugar to a sample glass to see if that improves thing. The big culprits from my experience are orange, cranberry, pineapple, and just about any citrus.

I made Ed Wort's recipe (sticky at the top of forum) using 4.5 gallons of Juicy Juice Apple Raspberry and 0.5 gal of the Berry. With 2# of dextrose, my OG = 1.062. Fermented in 5 gal carboy for just over 3 months! Cleared nicely on its own without any racking. The Montrachet yeast didn't really foam much, so I was able to get almost the whole 5 gallons of juice into carboy.

Bottled and let it sit until I could no longer wait (2 weeks). Color was a beautiful light reddish hue, and very clear. Nicely carbed. At first, I could taste more of the raspberry with cider, but eventually the apple flavor started to move to the front. It turned out more dry than sweet as I didn't add anything else besides priming dextrose. Alas...it's all gone--which is why I'm a month into my next fermentation!

If you'd prefer to experiment, go small in one gallon batches. Keep notes. Good luck :mug:

Back