Infected? can i go on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goondog

Reaction score
Brewed a mosaic smash 3 weeks ago all went well and returned to town to this - -
smash infect.jpg

Took a thief sample and its super clear and tastes amazing.

I did use an imperial liquid yeast for the first time so im not sure if its infected or not.

I am needing to dryhop 4oz CRYO HOPS for about 5-7 days.

Question:

should i transfer to a secondary racking off this stuff and then dryhop there?

or

coldcrash it and dryhop cold in there now?

Im now concerned how to dry hop CRYOHOPS in this case. Use a bag or commando them in for now. Help! my first real possible infection aaarghghgh.....

Looks good to me. If it smells and tastes good most likely its just yeast on top. In my limited experience with infections it changed the way the hops smelled and the way the beer tasted. Mine had no hop smell, with a vinegary taste. If I was in your place I would hop in primary the desired amount of days, cold crash a few days and keg

thx for the reassurance everyone. I use a spiedel so rarely poke around to look inside until 3wks plus. First time ive seen these but also first time using imperial liquid yeast. thx again!

Back