Induction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyjmc

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is an induction heating unit out there that's big enough for a brew pot or MLT? If so, does anyone have experience with it? Where can you buy one? I seen an infomercial about a portable hot plate style and immediately thought this would be great for home brewing but probably needs to be bigger and I wonder about the type of metal the pot would need to be made of???

What kettle size and boil volume?
Several people are using the cheep induction plate for small/partial boil batches.
I have seen at least one user with comercial version that required 220v power.

If your hot plate is rated for 1800W you are probably getting 1400-1500W into the kettle.

1500 watts would be enough to maintain mash temp yea? especially if you mashed a bit thinner? Think scorching would be any issue?

I do a full boil in a heavy duty 10 gallon brew pot. My MLT is a 10 gallon igloo cooler. I make five gallon batches so they probably don't make them big enough for my system at this pointe but think its a great idea. Safer and less power consumption.

Back