induction brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmathews

Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out for anyone who is considering brewing with a portable ineuction cooktop. After I did a lot of searching and talking to people I decided to go with the burton 6530. It is thier 3000 watt cooktop. I must say this thing is great for brewing. It fits my 8 gallon more beer kettle perfect, heats up pretty quick and holds temp pretty accurately. Prob still not as quick as gas but im very pleased with it. O I should mention that it is a 240volt cooktop so make sure you have a 240v outlet.

I wondered how an induction plate would work for brewing.
Supposedly induction heats quicker than gas but I guess that depends on if your using a gas cooktop or a propane burner.
Next time i see an induction burner on clearance I'll have to pick one up and give it a try.

By plate do you mean one of the iron plates you put on the cooktops to make them work with non magnetic cook wear. If so I would say not well cause you loss efficiency with those. But it does work well but I heard the 1800 watt ones arent enough for a full boil on a 5 gallon batch.

O ya thats what im talking abiut haha. The one I got is the 3000 watt 240 volt model. It great though cause now I can brew outside (cause my girlfriend kicked me out of the kitchen haha) without gas.

Ya ive seen people use the 110 units for hlt but was told they would have some trouble getting a full batch to a good boil

I can't get 8 gallons boiling on induction alone. With a 1500W heat stick + induction it is easy. Once it's at a boil I turn down the induction burner to 2 (10 is max) and I have a nice rolling boil with the stick in there.

Back