In praise of Auber Customer Support

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know I've got another thread or two about this saga, but given their incredible support, I think a dedicated thread is worthwhile.

If you've seen my other threads, I've been battling trying to get an Auber cube to work controlling a manual Adcraft induction burner. See the other threads for details.

I contacted Auber through their website and they have been extremely responsive. They did point out that the cube is designed to control a heating element, not an induction burner, but they have been trying to help me anyway. In fact, they've shown quite a bit of interest and dedication including just sending an email to check in and see how things were going. After several days and about a dozen emails, I think we've found a configuration that will work.

I can't remember a time when a company was this supportive, especially of someone trying to use a product differently than it was intended. I'm really impressed.

Been dealing with them for years. Never had a issue. You might pay a little more on the front end but service on the back end more then makes up for it

I've had nothing but problems with Auber. I bought a 30 amp HERMS control panel from them, their wiring diagram was wrong and I lit the thing on fire when I plugged it in the first time.. They said "you must have made a mistake and why didn't you test it with a power supply first!" (Yeah because I just have a low current AC power supply laying around to test electronics).

So I spent some time diagnosing the exact issue and then showed them in their diagram where they wired hot to neutral through the safety circuit.. After sending many photos and arguing and waiting several weeks for the owner to return from China they finally said "yep our diagram is wrong. Here's the replacement wire and a corrected diagram"

I asked "what about all of the other components that might have been damaged by the short?"

They said, "oh that's unlikely"

I said "nonsense, if you're not going to replace the whole thing, or offer to rewire it for me, I want some kind of assurance that you'll replace components when they stop working."

After several more emails back and forth negotiating they agreed to extend a warrenty to me for 1 year for the components.

So I had to spend another 8 hours completely rewiring it, and over the course of the past year I have now replaced 3 contactors and a solid state replay, and discovered a problem with my Brew Buddy controller today.

I've had nothing but problems with their stuff, and they have nickel and dimed me for everything. I wish I had spent the money for a real electric brewery panel instead of dealing with them.

Most of my panel came from auber and is all still going strong for over 3 year's and over 100 brew days. I built my panel myself however so no input on there diagrams or customer service however the components have been great. cheers

I have a Cube that has been working out pretty well for me for almost 2 years. I'd give their customer support a B. The person I talked to when I had a problems seemed annoyed I had contacted them.

I don't know if it has got any better, but official site's instructions and manuals at the time were high in volume of graphs and stats, as if to use up pages, and low in operational instructions and explanation.

Back