Tilt 4 Windows

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilt4Windows

Reaction score
Introducing Tilt 4 Windows (T4W).
T4W has been developed over the course of the last 6 weeks.

What is T4W you ask? T4W is a new software package that allows you to view your Tilt sessions right on your computer!

Here are a few details and screenshots from T4W:​

• Track up to 8 sessions at a time – all eight shown on a single screen!
  • Associate BeerXML recipe files with your Tilt sessions – This allows you to select a BeerXML recipe file for the fermentation session bringing in the Recipe Name, Description, Beer Color (SRM), Original Gravity, Final Gravity and ABV. Don't have a BeerXML recipe file – no problem you can manually enter this information as well! This allows you to see how your session compares to the original recipe.
  • Text and or Email notifications – ever wanted to know when your fermentation hits a specific gravity? With T4W you can configure up to 5 gravity milestones then receive a text and or email when that gravity has been reached. Want to be notified when fermentation has started and or finished – T4W has that covered too. Plus high and low temperature notifications!
  • Cloud Server (web hooks) support – common web services supported plus you can add any custom ones you would like to use too.
  • Post fermentation report and exporting options – detailed report showing the fermentation plus you can export the raw data.
  • Simple Dashboard screen as well as detailed session screen – view the current status of all sessions on one screen, click the view session button for any active session to view more detailed information including gravity and temperature graphs.
  • Session Editor allows you to adjust, remove session updates as well as reset notifications so you can receive them again (i.e. low or high temperature alerts).
  • Complete Theme (appearance) configuration.
Currently supports Windows 10 and 11 using Bluetooth (built into your computer or USB Bluetooth Adapter) or TiltPi. Older operating systems should be supported however will require TiltPi running on a RaspberryPi as Bluetooth will not be supported with the older operating systems.

Cost - FREE!

www.tilt4windows.com

Dashboard.jpg
ViewSession.jpg
ConfigureSession.jpg

Looks like a pretty cool suite of features. The Tilt is a great piece of gear and I can see how this could really enhance the usability, and the price is perfect!
Now just waiting on Tilt4Mac 🤞

Looks like a pretty cool suite of features. The Tilt is a great piece of gear and I can see how this could really enhance the usability, and the price is perfect!
Now just waiting on Tilt4Mac 🤞
New features will be available this coming weekend. Most of the information will be on the website or in the Tilt Facebook group. Tilt Hydrometer User Group | Facebook

I only develop software for Windows so no Tilt4Mac will be coming from me. If anyone is interesting in tackling a program like this for the Mac I'd be happy to help with information though.

Tilt 4 Windows

New Version Available For Download​

Version 1.0.23
Thank you for all of the feedback over the past week!

New in this version:​

• Smart Plug Automation - T4W now supports some of the smart plugs available to automate heating / cooling. You will now find a Heating & Cooling Devices option in the Configuration menu. Once you have added and tested your Smart Plug(s) they will be available to use and can be selected in the Configure Session. This allows you to set a high and low temperature and T4W will turn on and off the outlet accordingly.
  • My Brewing Log - After you have completed a fermentation session with T4W that session is automatically placed in the My Brewing Log section of T4W
  • The session files contain not only the fermentation session information they also include pretty much everything about the recipe (provided you associated a BEERXML recipe file with the session) and so much more.
  • You can add your gravity readings and your ABV (alcohol by volume) is calculated for you.
  • You can see all of the fermentation information.
  • Lots of areas to add notes about the recipe and how it turned out. Didn't think the beer had enough of one hop flavor - add a note to the Do Different Next Time section, etc.
  • This allows you to keep all of your brewing notes right in the same place that you monitored your fermentation session.

Fixes and changes in this version:​

So far very little has come up but here is a list of the fixes in this release:
  1. Made a few changes to the Cloud Server routines.
  2. When an update has been sent to one of the Cloud Servers information will be listed under the T4W Communications so you know an update took place.
  3. Fixed a small issue if you used the TiltPi for the data collection from the Tilts and then switched to using Bluetooth (or the other way around). Tilts were being detected twice resulting in the same Tilt being in the Tilt Profiles twice.
Download is available on the website www.tilt4windows.com

Tilt 4 Windows is a free program!

Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any questuins or suggestions. New features are in the works!

Tilt 4 Windows

New Version Available​

The third release of Tilt 4 Windows (T4W) is now available for download!
Thank you to Noah Neibaron, Andy Rae, Don Harwood and Greg Ellwanger for all of your feedback and testing of this version.

This version contains a couple of fixes:​

• Improved support for the TiltPi
  • Cloud Servers (i.e. Brewfather, Taplist.io) now working correctly

Google Sheets now supported!
  • In the Configure Session screen you will now see a new button in the Cloud Servers section. Clicking the Start Google Sheets Tracking button will create a new Google Sheet for this session and will send all of the session updates that T4W has already received so your Google Sheet is up to date.
  • After clicking on the button please remain on this screen until the button has changed to View Google Sheet. The process can take a bit if T4W has already received a lot of session updates.
  • When Google Sheets has been setup for a session the Dashboard will show a Google button. Clicking the Google button will open your default browser to the Google Sheet.
One additional note on Google Sheets – this is only available on sessions that have been started with this version. If you have current sessions running this option will not be available. This is because changes and additions had to be made to the session file so only new sessions going forward will support this.
Please remember this program is still very young – please let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions.
I have a few more things to fix / clean up and then I'll start on one of the two planned major feature additions.
Cheers!
www.tilt4windows.com

Attachments

• Configure Session.jpg
    Configure Session.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 0
  • Dashboard.jpg
    Dashboard.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 0
I downloaded the newest version (1.0.34).
After I start a session and wait for a few Tilt updates, I start the Google Sheets in the Cloud window.
The program does initiate a Google Sheets page and sends it to my Google account.
I can view the Tilt Google sheet and it has all of the captured data at the time I started the sheet - but after that there are no updates to the Google Sheets file even though the program continues to update session data.
Also, the Google Sheets update interval isn't available on the initial setup - I have to initiate Google Sheets, exit the configuration page and re-enter the configuration page before the update interval is visible (I assume this is by design since there is no reason for it if one isn't using Google Sheets).

I downloaded the newest version (1.0.34).
After I start a session and wait for a few Tilt updates, I start the Google Sheets in the Cloud window.
The program does initiate a Google Sheets page and sends it to my Google account.
I can view the Tilt Google sheet and it has all of the captured data at the time I started the sheet - but after that there are no updates to the Google Sheets file even though the program continues to update session data.
Also, the Google Sheets update interval isn't available on the initial setup - I have to initiate Google Sheets, exit the configuration page and re-enter the configuration page before the update interval is visible (I assume this is by design since there is no reason for it if one isn't using Google Sheets).
I made a few changes to the program since that version was released that has better support for custom (not shared) Google sheets. I'll more than likely release a new version next weekend. The automated (shared) feature I also made some changes to correct the issue you ran into where the update interval wasn't visible until you go back into the session. I also changed the way the cloud server's are configured (much more user friendly). I post most of the information about Tilt 4 Windows in the Tilt users group on Facebook. If you want to send me a message on Facebook I'd be happy to get you a up to date beta with the changes to test.

I made a few changes to the program since that version was released that has better support for custom (not shared) Google sheets. I'll more than likely release a new version next weekend. The automated (shared) feature I also made some changes to correct the issue you ran into where the update interval wasn't visible until you go back into the session. I also changed the way the cloud server's are configured (much more user friendly). I post most of the information about Tilt 4 Windows in the Tilt users group on Facebook. If you want to send me a message on Facebook I'd be happy to get you a up to date beta with the changes to test.
Thanks, I'll see ya on FB!

Thanks, I'll see ya on FB!
Just want to let you know I was able to duplicate the issue and have corrected it. I'll have a new version out later this week however if you would like to test before then send me a message on Facebook and I'll get you a beta.

Tilt 4 Windows

New Version Available​

The Forth release of Tilt 4 Windows (T4W) is now available for download!
Now that so many people are running T4W and providing suggestions, requests and any issues they have run into this program has been making a lot of rapid progress! Thank you to Noah Neibaron, Andy Rae, Don Harwood, Greg Ellwanger and David Heymsfeld for all of your feedback, suggestions and testing of this version.

• Added a button in the edit session section that jumps to the session update for the Original Gravity allowing for easier editing of the OG.
  • Improved the Cloud Server section – much easier to configure and change cloud servers now.
  • Added support for custom (not shared) Google Sheets to the cloud servers

This version contains a few fixes:​

• Improved support for Google Sheets
  • Corrected an issue with Google Sheets not updating when no other cloud servers were in use.
  • Corrected an issue with the Google button not showing up on the session (dashboard) until T4W was closed and then reopened. The issue with the button not receiving the link to the Google Sheets has been corrected.
  • Corrected a few other minor issues
Please remember this program is still very young – please let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions.
I'll be starting on one of the two planned major feature additions now.
Cheers!
www.tilt4windows.com

Cloud Servers.jpg
Edit Session.jpg
Dashboard.jpg

Tilt 4 Windows

New Version Available!​

Thank you to all of the beta testers who tested this version.
Tilt 4 Windows now includes a BeerXML Compatible Recipe Creator! This is something I have developed over the last three years and is now part of T4W. I will be continuing to add to and improve this.
Here are just a few of the features of the recipe creator:
  • Equipment Profiles - contains some already, allows you to create your own and I will be adding more as time allows. If you create your own and want to have it added to T4W please send me a message. Currently only some of the information in the equipment profile is used in T4W's recipe creator however I will be including support for more in future versions.
  • Standard BeerXML Recipe Files Supported - load, save and scale recipes!
  • Large ingredients database
  • Built in water profiles for beer styles as well as historical locations - Calculates additive amounts.
  • Built in mash profiles based on beer style
  • BJCP 2021 beer styles
  • Carbonation information and recommendations based on beer style. Calculates keg PSI or carbonation sugar addition amounts. Lots of options here!
  • Shopping List - add recipes to your shopping list and the ingredients amounts are combined so you have a shopping list to take with you to your homebrew store - list can even be emailed to you so you have it on your phone!
  • Recipe, Mash, Brew Day Planner, Shopping List, Water Profile and more reports!
Should you have any questions about this version or run into any issues feel free to send me a message.
Recipe Creator - Main Screen.jpg
Recipe Creator - 1.jpg
Recipe Creator - 2.jpg
Recipe Creator - 3.jpg
Recipe Creator - 4.jpg
Recipe Creator - 5.jpg
Equipment.jpg
Report-Ingredients.jpg
Report-Mash Schedule.jpg
Report-Mash.jpg
Report-Recipe.jpg
Shopping List.jpg
Report-ShoppingList.jpg

Tilt 4 Windows

I've added a new Knowledge Base to the Tilt 4 Windows website. This section of the website contains a lot of information and I will be adding more to it in the future. Please let me know if you have any questions that are not in the knowledge base so I can add information for those. Thanks!

www.Tilt4Windows.com

1696598995046.png

Tilt 4 Windows

New Version Available To Download

New in this version
  • New Dashboard options - you now have options to display two or four sessions on the Dashboard which contain additional information over the eight session layout (the eight session layout is still available in this version as well).
  • In addition the the specific gravity that has been displayed in T4W some of the layouts now display Plato as well.
  • In the shopping list (recipes added from the recipe creator) - a few improvements have been made. Ingredients are now sorted by the ingredient type and the amounts for each recipe are included in the printout.
  • I have added a new function to be able to clear each Tilt's calibration in the Tilt Profiles section.
  • A few updates to the Text / Email notification information.
  • Corrected a couple of issues in the Equipment Profiles for the recipe creator.
  • A few other small corrections throughout the program.
Thank you to everyone who has contacted me with suggestions and feedback!
Two Sessions.jpg
Four Sessions.jpg
All Sessions.jpg
Tilt Profiles.jpg

Tilt 4 Windows​

New Version Release​

New in this version:
  • Improved appearance throughout the program. Cleaner looking corners for the drawn items as well as better appearance when using the Filled option of the T4W theme.
  • Made a few changes to the 2 session layout.
  • Updated View Session layout.
  • Corrected an issue that was causing the cloud servers and Google Sheets to not update when either the 2 session or 4 session layout was visible (still updated with the all session layout).
  • When starting a new session you can now enter in Plato or Gravity and the ABV will be calculated when both the OG and FG have been entered. If entering Plato the OG and FG will be calculated for you.
  • Improved Bluetooth support - Thank You Noah!
  • Thank You Andy Rae for all of your testing with this version!
www.tilt4windows.com
Main Dashboard.png
View Session.png
New Session.png
Four Session Layout.png
All Sessions.png

So I recently found this app because I upgraded phones and the Tilt app wasn't supported for my new phone. Upon downloading this, I cannot for the life of me get my computer (Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10) to find my Tilt. I've looked over your website and can't seem to find anything there that may help. I'm pretty tech savvy and tried everything I can think of. Any thoughts?

So I recently found this app because I upgraded phones and the Tilt app wasn't supported for my new phone. Upon downloading this, I cannot for the life of me get my computer (Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10) to find my Tilt. I've looked over your website and can't seem to find anything there that may help. I'm pretty tech savvy and tried everything I can think of. Any thoughts?
I do not have a whole lot of information on the website for that as it's pretty much automatic. I know for a while Microsoft was having issues with the Bluetooth (it was being disabled) on the Surface Pro 4. Normally while running T4W if you put your Tilt in a glass / bowl of water or even just lean it against something so it's tilted T4W will have a popup showing the new Tilt was detected and asks you to give it a Nickname (i.e. My Blue Tilt). Have a look at this document (Microsoft's website) and see if it helps. Please let me know if it does or doesn't - Thanks! How to use Surface UEFI - Microsoft Support

Tilt 4 Windows​

New Version Available For Download​

Happy New Year!
Thank you to everyone for all of your feedback on Tilt 4 Windows!

Notifications (email / text)
T4W has made it's way into craft breweries and a request came in through Tilt Hydrometer to support sending notifications to more than one email address / one cellphone number. T4W now supports up to six email / text message groups. You can configure each to receive
  • all notifications
  • only temperature notifications
  • only gravity notifications
In addition to this you can now include a note in each notification - for example INTERNAL INFORMATION ONLY - DO NOT SHARE!

Start New Session Screen Updated
Additional information and a larger layout makes starting a new session easier with the new cleaner design.

Tilt Profiles Screen Updated
You can now remove a Tilt from the Tilt Profiles. Thanks Andy Rae for this request!

Also included in this version are a few bug fixes.

I'd like to thank Noah Baron and the whole team at at Tilt Hydrometer for all of your support and help with this program!
Happy Brewing!!

www.tilt4windows.com

New Session.jpg
Notifications.jpg
Tilt Profiles.jpg

I figured I would give this a try to keep from having to use my phone apps as much. Installed, launched, and get the following pop-up error messages. I didn't go any further. I currently do not have any of my Tilts active.

T4W_error.png

I figured I would give this a try to keep from having to use my phone apps as much. Installed, launched, and get the following pop-up error messages. I didn't go any further. I currently do not have any of my Tilts active.

View attachment 846828
The error message is coming from the portion of the program that was written by Noah @ BaronBrew. It normally means either your computer doesn't have Bluetooth or the Bluetooth is turned off. Here's what you can check - type Bluetooth into the Windows search box and then select the Bluetooth and other device settings option. If the Bluetooth is turned off you can turn it on and then run T4W and see if the issue is solved. Please let me know if this solved the issue or not. Thanks!

Back