In line regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this work? I would love a smaller/more precise regulator to use for my pressure transfers. But this doesn't have a dial on it, does it?

Install it in the co2 line between a keg and your regulator or manifold to adjust the pressure to a keg. Of course, you can only reduce the pressure, say for an English ale. Or, you could run your reg., at the highest pressure needed, say for a Weissbier or Belgian, and add one of these to the other lines to adjust individual keg pressures. They're only $7 bucks each.

How does this work? I would love a smaller/more precise regulator to use for my pressure transfers. But this doesn't have a dial on it, does it?

You could make a pressure gauge to male MFL so that you could adjust the regulator to the appropriate pressure before you connect the ball lock disconnect and keg.

Sure. It gives you lots of flexibility. With one of these installed inline to a keg, you could reduce the pressure for bottling. Then turn it back up, all without changing the main reg. pressure.

Good question. I have never found the need for one, but some people seem to have trouble balancing their lines. For that purpose, it seems like the best (and cheapest) option for existing tap systems. If you are buying faucets for a new setup, then 8-10 bucks more will buy you flow control faucets.

Back