im out of citra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
anyone have any citra pellets or know of a place to get them... need several pounds... for our next brews

I was told by my LHBS today that they should receive their 2012 crop in about three weeks, so if you can't find any, maybe just throw that brew on the back burner for a month.

My recipe for this weekend calls for citra, but I'm going to try it with Amarillo. Not the same, but should be ballpark, if not an improvement for some palates.

RITEBREW... perfect... yeah... almost every one of those google hits are out of stock, which sucks... and I would hate to spend 3 bucks an oz, when I usually pay 1.60... thanx... the RITEBREW wins it

I was told by my LHBS today that they should receive their 2012 crop in about three weeks, so if you can't find any, maybe just throw that brew on the back burner for a month.

My recipe for this weekend calls for citra, but I'm going to try it with Amarillo. Not the same, but should be ballpark, if not an improvement for some palates.

AFAIK, there will be little to no Citra available this year unless someone has already contracted for it. Same for Amarillo, Centennial, Simcoe, Crystal. I hope that's wrong.

AFAIK, there will be little to no Citra available this year unless someone has already contracted for it. Same for Amarillo, Centennial, Simcoe, Crystal. I hope that's wrong.

For once, Denny, I hope you are very wrong!!

Label Peelers is also taking pre-orders for 2012 Citra/Simcoe/Amarillo, so if you need it bad enough, you can source it there if you hurry. Maybe I should buy it all and resell it at a gigantic markup ;)

Agreed. I've heard about a lot of new beers coming out on the commercial side that feature Citra. I don't blame them. They're spectacular flavoring hops. I wouldn't be surprised if home brewing supplies will be limited. Of course, the same was said last year about Centennial, and I've had no problem finding it.

One of my favorite beers to brew has become a hop-bursted Citra pale ale. I was hoping to do some experimentation with it this fall to tweak the recipe, but limited Citra supplies may bring these plans to a screeching halt.

Back