Im obsessed, HELP!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainbrewdude

Reaction score
So it has been a while since I posted on here, but I read up every day. I started rewing just a few months ago and I cannot get enough, First was an IPA, Porter, Blonde Ale, Pumpkin Ale (my first recipe!), Brown Ale, and a Pumpkin Porter (also my own!). Every batch so far has been perfect, and are quickley disappearing! The two Pumpkin recipes were my own brainstorms, the ale was very comparable to a local craft brew here in the mountains and the porter is still in the primary, which will also be my first that I will transfer to a secondary. I have been busy with a new job and alot of things so even though I havent posted I have been lurking! I have been reading up on recipes and what I want to do next but cant make up my mind. I have narrowed it down to an IPA ( my preference in style) which I want to try dry hopping, An Irish ale, Maybe a beer specific to a region i.e. english ale, or something like that, or a bitter. A bitter kinda intrigues me because I have an excelent resume on beer style, but I am kinda below par on bitters. Any suggestion?

Well since we are headed into the winter months... Why not step out of your comfort zone and make a stout or a good Belgian? If you want to make a bitter, BYO posted a really good (IMHO) Bass Ale clone. What is your set up? All grain? PM? or Extract?. There are so many choices and great beers to make!

Well now my set up is extract, and a 6.5 carboy. I want to really get comfortable with the process familiar enough with evrything before I venture out, I want to be comfortable enough to make my own recipes and kinda imagine how they will taste. As far as the beer goes, I love stouts, and my girlfriends, who supports brewing as much as I do, loves stouts and porters, so thats an option, I havent considered a belgian yet...........

As far as the beer goes, I love stouts, and my girlfriends...........

Way to go!!!!!!!!! :mug:

I'm going to brew up a batch of cream stout sometime between now and next weekend, too - my favorite winter beer. Lots of good recipes for stouts in the recipe section here, including mine (in both all-grain and extract versions).

I would try something new or something you don't know that much about. You said Bitters were something on your mind. I get so obsessed with a style that I will brew a few in a row until I really feel like it came out well. For some reason, I struggled big time with English Pale Ales and finally just made one that I really like (after 4 attempts.)

Well now my set up is extract, and a 6.5 carboy. I want to really get comfortable with the process familiar enough with evrything before I venture out, I want to be comfortable enough to make my own recipes and kinda imagine how they will taste. As far as the beer goes, I love stouts, and my girlfriends, who supports brewing as much as I do, loves stouts and porters, so thats an option, I havent considered a belgian yet...........

Don't let them find out about each other, that might get you in trouble!

A nice high gravity stout is great as a winter warmer. I would try that for a nice seasonal beer.

I know how you feel. I just started and have brewed 20 gallons of beer in the first month! I have one small problem, I only have enough bottles for 15 gallons!

Back