I'm missing something here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mresa641

Reaction score
I dont have an extra fridge to carb so Im carbing at 72 degrees at 31 psi. I let my beer carb for 2 weeks and I want to draw into a growler to refrigerate and drink after a few hours.

I relieved the pressure and set to 2-3 psi, my liquid line fills with foam, then looks like its drawing solid but I get a lot of foam. I had this problem before bet never solved it. I looked at threads and saw that I could drop the pressure low and let it sit for a couple of days...but wouldn't that just let me lose all of the carbonation I was working to put in? I have a 5 ft 1/2 inch hose which I will replace with a 3/16 10 ft tomorrow. But am I missing anything else that I didnt see in another thread?

It's OK to carbonate beer warm, but it's really really difficult to serve it without foaming. At 31 psi you might need a 25 foot hose to keep the foam down. And even then I'd expect some foaming.

It's OK to carbonate beer warm, but it's really really difficult to serve it without foaming. At 31 psi you might need a 25 foot hose to keep the foam down. And even then I'd expect some foaming.

^ This. As you have already discovered, you will not have much luck trying to serve at room temp. As far as I know, there are no magic bullet solutions other than getting the temp down.

Thanks guys, Ill find a way to drop the temps along with extending the hose. I guess my wife finally gets the new fridge shes been wanting...

Back