I'm gonna be a dad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbRedGetta

Reaction score
I've been dying to tell since we found out 3 weeks ago, but wanted to wait until we went to the doctor to find out if everything was okay. She's around 8 weeks now, and everything looks great!

It's all pretty surreal still -- it hit me pretty hard right away, and I immediately started planning and preparing and reading the books, but even after seeing the baby on the ultrasound today it still doesn't quite feel real.

Guess I need to get my brewing fix in this year since I'll have my hands full come January :ban:

I've been dying to tell since we found out 3 weeks ago, but wanted to wait until we went to the doctor to find out if everything was okay. She's around 8 weeks now, and everything looks great!

It's all pretty surreal still -- it hit me pretty hard right away, and I immediately started planning and preparing and reading the books, but even after seeing the baby on the ultrasound today it still doesn't quite feel real.

Guess I need to get my brewing fix in this year since I'll have my hands full come January :ban:

Congrats! We have about 6 weeks until our daughter shows up.

Congrats to both of you! It's an absolute blast. Just take things as they come; 99 times out of 100, your instincts in parenting are going to be right.

Congrats.

Build you inventory now, because you sure as hell won't feel like brewing during the first couple of months.

Parenthood is the most amazing experience in the world.

dmbRedGetta said:

Your in for a great ride.Good luck!lol it didn't really hit me till my son poped out.

Save your nickles and dimes too. Heard on the radio this morning the cost of raising a child from 0 to 18 (not including college) is a quarter of a million dollars.

Congratz ;)

nealizm said:
Your in for a great ride.Good luck!lol it didn't really hit me till my son poped out.

That's exactly how I felt. It didn't feel real until my daughter came out. Then it finally completely set in when we brought her home and I realized I'm responsible for this little baby.

Thanks everybody!

My step-son is almost 9, so I'm not completely new to this thing (although I did get to skip the first three years...).

Mentally I don't think I could be more ready for this -- we've been trying since we got married a few years ago, with no reason for why it wasn't happening.

After getting mentally exhausted from trying, my wife decided to shift her focus for a while and started training for a half-ironman back in January. Go figure -- while she was busting her ass training for nearly 20 hours a week it finally happens.

I'm happy to report that she completed the race just over a week ago (it was her first)!

Congrats! Being a dad is great.

I've also seen where trying constantly produces no results, but it's when you relax and stop trying so hard that it happens. In a couple of cases the lack of stress (work related) sudden kicked it in.

Fantastic news and a huge congrats.

Good comments above, too. Being a dad is undoubtedly the coolest thing in the whole world. And pretty humbling to be entrusted with another human life.

Love your kid like crazy, love your wife like crazy, and the rest will work itself out. (don't be ignorant about the rest, but you know what I mean, haha)

They say a mother is changed when she finds out she's a pregnant where a guy doesn't really take it all in until the baby comes out. I have to agree. Congrats! They are great. :mug:

Congrats! Being a dad is great.

I've also seen where trying constantly produces no results, but it's when you relax and stop trying so hard that it happens. In a couple of cases the lack of stress (work related) sudden kicked it in.

Sometimes, you've just got to give the lil' swimmers time to recuperate!

Back