IM doing it MYSELF!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmunos

Reaction score
Getting into homebrewing.. Getting everything i need. Im in the process of getting a brew stand! I cant wait to get brewing!

101_2381.jpg

I would like some advice on the MLT... Will my hose work if its this long?

101_2380.jpg

You'll probably get almost no flow beyond the first few inches. I'd cut it into several replacements.

I have the same cooler, I was going to use the SS braid, but I read about it collapsing. I ended up making a manifold out of copper. Took some time for the slots, but it works well.

not the best pic, but you can see the manifold

image006.jpg

You'll probably get almost no flow beyond the first few inches. I'd cut it into several replacements.

Agreed.

Plus, when it's that long, it's more likely to float in the mash, and get really dinged and knocked around while stirring the mash (or even worse - dislodged completely - trying to re-attach it duing a mash is not fun. Ask me how I know :eek:)

haha all good ideas. I would like to use the braid until after I get started because its so cheap. (.90 cents) what do you mean by several replacements? and ya I LOVE my FJ!

haha all good ideas. I would like to use the braid until after I get started because its so cheap. (.90 cents) what do you mean by several replacements? and ya I LOVE my FJ!

You got a 6' stainless braid for $0.90? Are you sure it's stainless??

Also what he meant wa to cut it into ~3 pieces and then you'll have 2 extra if/when you need to replace it...

I see what your saying... and ya Ultimate Electronics was going out of business and it was 90% off! Thats a good idea i think i will try that

If you plan on batch sparging it will be fine, but as said it might help to shorten it to keep it from getting knocked around so much. If you want to fly sparge you'll probably want to build a manifold.

Back