I'm back in action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
That's right. I've been so busy with nursing school that I haven't been able to brew as much as I really want. Darn aspirations! Lol well I'm on my garage (aka the man cave/brewery) and brewing up an Irish stout to get ready for this cold weather coming in. Next is going to be a holiday ale with pumpkin pie spice an cinnamon and cardamom. Then it's a dive into a hard cider for those really cold nights. Got a nice easy recipe from a guy at the LHBS and it should be easy. If I only knew that I didn't have to do a boil for cider I would have done it a long time ago! Lol already got my wine yeast, yeast nutrient, and pectin enzyme. Just gotta get these 2 beers done and kegged and it's cider time! Think I might add 2-3lbs of brown sugar and some cinnamon sticks to the primary when I do it. Should be good. Any suggestions on other additions would be more than welcome! For now, I'm gonna watch my stout boil and finish off this keg of double IPA and dream of a full kegerator! Lol later y'all and glad to back in action in brewing and the forums since I got my iPhone and the HBT app! Happy brewing!

Good luck man. I finish in May (God willing). You going for ASN or BSN? I'm doing BSN. Anyways, Irish stout is in the fermenter and now I'm contemplating whether to do the holiday ale or my cider next. I guess if unfiltered pasteurized apple cider starts showing up in Walmart on the next week or 2, it will make the decision for me! Lol

I'm hopefully finishing my ASN in May as well so I feel your pain!!! I just finally got to brew a couple days ago after a couple months of blackout in the brewery. That's why I went with a slightly larger grainbill and did a parti gyle so now I get 2 beers from 1 brew day. Can't wait for winter break, I'm going to brew A LOT!!

Scrambled, stick with it. All I can say is that it gets tougher, so good luck.
I would also like to do a 2 batch day, but I need to get another fermenter, carboy, and a larger brew pot before I can do that. I'm currently doing partial boils with 3 in the pot and 2 in the fermenter. Got my eye on a nice brew pot with a ball valve, thermometer, and sight glass. That should make for a great brew pot I think! Maybe a Christmas present?! Lol

Back