If you could have any object turned into a tap handle, what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have inserts and broken sticks... I was just saying that I would love to somehow get my hands on a game-used NHL stick with the player's number written on the beat up butt-end. Preferably #87 :rockin:

#87? Are you going to serve wine?
Your location says Huntington Beach, so I assume you just recently moved there from Philly? Philly has the only fans in the world dillusional enough to actually think the greatest player in the league is a 'whiner':drunk:

a) not from Philly

b) everyone outside of Pittsburgh views the guy as a whiner

c) greatest player in the league is debatable

I took the 7 habits of highly effective people class thru work. They gave me a "talking stick" That will be my next handle.

I'm thinking of chopping the shaft off of a screwdriver and jb welding the handle to the tap collar, fits perfectly!

I was also thinking of how to do a shrunken head handle. That should deter people from taking too much of my beer!

Sorry for the double post, I'm using the new iPhone app which has no edit feature (EDIT: now the edit button shows up!)

Screw all the dildo talk, give me some boobies!! The bust of a busty woman. Although SWMBO might not like it too much and my sons would like it too much.

Man i was reading through this and it took forever to see this one i almost posted it my self! too many dildo and penis tap handle suggestions lol!

I also have another friend that designs jewelry out of miscellaneous mechanical parts (steam punk design stuff) so I told her if she runs across anything phallic looking to grab it for me.[/QUOTE]

:mug:

I've been on the Internet too long: the first thing that popped into my head was, "Your mom." :D

Hm...how about a taphandle with a little digital display telling you what's on tap? Like a tiny photo frame.

I'm totally doing that now :)

-Joe

That's a pretty good idea, since there is always something different pouring at my place.

I grew up on a farm with a lot of old tractors. I think a shifter from an old Farmall would be pretty cool.

I'd like to find a head shrinker and get some shrunken heads. It might be a bit creepy but would make a great conversation piece and lead into a conversation about Beetlejuice. :)

A little wooden Pelosi.. Then I could smack her on the back of the head and say, "pour me a beer, beotch" and she would!
:rockin:

Come to think of it, I have three perlicks, so it'd be cool to have a little wooden Pelosi, Reid, And Obama..

On second thought, I'd turn into a drunk if I had that.. I wouldn't be able to stop smacking all three of them in the back of the head...

I was thinking of a way to have an old iPAq (pda) mounted, with a digital readout of the beer stats. Could also keep track of beers poured, as long as everyone remembered to notate it somehow. Kyle

i'd use that old piece of mahogany that was sitting next to my lathe. no, wait, i did that.

picture frames might be fun, especially if they're polaroid sized. ("that's fred after 23 double bocks")

I was thinking a handle with my ex's picture on it. It would remind me why I celebrate!

I was thinking of a way to have an old iPAq (pda) mounted, with a digital readout of the beer stats. Could also keep track of beers poured, as long as everyone remembered to notate it somehow. Kyle

:off: I know this isn't a tap handle, but your response reminded me of this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Karr said:
Cut the wire off a microphone, affix a tap adaptor inside, and thread it on!

Shouldn't most mics just have an XLR plug rather than a hardwired wire?

r8rphan said:
Average joe isn't going to know that....

I assumed the mic would have some sort of personal significance, but I suppose you're right.

Mount the female XLR on the post and plug the mic into it. This way you can remove the mic if anyone wants to be Milli Vanilli.

You can probably find a jacked up SM58 for next to nothing.

Everybody's favorite thing to grab besides a beer....

Boobs.

i was about to challenge you on the beer being first, but then i remembered where i was.

things coming to mind (don't ask why...)
doorknob
ipod touch with some program utilizing its accelerometer to count glasses pulled or something
fake banana

and for some reason i keep thinking old shoe, but i know it's a terrible idea

brass knuckles?
maybe a hand grenade or pipebomb
or widdle out and paint green a blown up hop bud.

Bong?

hmm....

I like the idea of some wooden 'brass knuckles', or a violin's end scroll.

Those are easy to do, I'm going to look into one of pedometers (counts your steps, for fake exercise motivation), and see if it can do one click for each pour. i bet i can find an old one for a dollar somewhere (from some heavy chick) :)

One of these vintage Schwinn 5 speed shifters...

Post68shifter.jpg

One of these vintage Schwinn 5 speed shifters...

Post68shifter.jpg

Oh man.. When I was a kid I obsessed over getting a sting ray.. But my dad bought me a collegiate instead.. nice bike, but why" It even cost more than the sting ray... He coulda got me what I wanted, and saved some money in the process... parents.. go figure...

Back