If I re-lived life I'be a hippy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Yo Yo, that's hip hop not hippie

Here's where you want to be.....

Last edited by a moderator:
My horizons are brought enough, thank you.
I'm good with pretty much anything from Chris LeDoux to Iron Maiden.

What are you trying to do to us!!!
That's nasty.

With that guy singing that awful song, it's more of a "mama dropped me on my head too many times" kind of ramble, not a drunken ramble. But somehow my horizons do seem broadened... I don't think I like that.

Anybody else got the munchies? I don't have any junk food so I guess I'll have to rustle up some quesadillas.

Just push forward on the stick a little bit and bring her back down.

Oh, I think I was doing a wheelie, but got 'er grounded now. Now my horizons seem to be normal sized again.

Dan, are you going through your teenage daughter's albums? Don't even try to understand.... It'll never make sense.

Trevor Hall = God with a guitar and drealocks. Come at me man!

Edit - Or come at me Woman!

Trevor Hall = God with a guitar and drealocks. Come at me man!

Edit - Or come at me Woman!

So, you are going through your daughter's albums? Let her grow up, she'll come around.

Turns out I didn't have any cheese, so I opted for galic toast. It's cold here right now so the oven feels nice.

Nope not going through her albums but she has shared some great music that I wouldn't have known about. Did I play brand new day yet? Think I did. You have no idea how meaningful that song is to me..

I had a dreadlock stage. Not only that, I was adament about growing them naturally, meaning no beeswax or any product.

That was back when I was living in Thailand. I got lice (as people who have long hair in Thailand often get)I tried many methods to get rid of them, had to shave my head.

My wife doesnt believe the locks existed.

I hope Joe makes it to Mexico, 'cause that wife of his probably deserved it.

Okay Dan, I think you've officially lost it... music is just not going with the theme, sorry.

I think it is.. Hippies had open minds. Probably from all the drugs. I'm only drinking beer so my mind cant be that way out there.

Did you watch the videos and soak in the words? It takes a few times to get the meaning.

Okay heres one that will make you comfortable

Last edited by a moderator:
Jemi Hendrix.... Wow, I seriously mean WOW! He is a legend. Many have tried to duplicate his music, and have. The harder part is to duplicate his spirit. I think it happens though. You guys might think I"m something I"m not, but I'll tell you Lil Wayne.. that guy is sureal. There are many great musician/poets in this world. We learn of a few.

Life is good it you let it be. It won't be if ever the in valve gets closed and your life pump cavitates.

I'm a little slow and skipped over a lot of posts. The thread that started was hippie life. That I know a little about. Lil Wayne? not so much.

If you don't post soon I'll give you my own meaning. Doesn't make it correct but will.

Heuristic Internet Protocol Packet Inspection Engine
Hawaii Island Pollution Prevention Incentives for the Environment
Healthcare Interprofessional Pilot Project in Education
Helper In Promoting Peaceful Individual Existence

Helper In Promoting Peaceful Individual Existence

I like that one.

Hey people! Is there something wrong with love and peace?

I'm not a smurfing hippy but can understand the whole movement. As far as I know, the hippy's were born in the sixties, or maybe teens in the sixties.

What was going on then? Parents were living the american dream and they worked hard for it. There was also a cold war, nuclear cold war going on. The USA and Soviet Union had many stockpiles of nuclear weapons. Either country could have blown up the other.

The Korea war dug it's bad memories into our society back then as well. Seemed like the world especially in the late 1950's and 60's life was weird but people survived, thrived.

Adults were living the American dream. There kids were too and then the Vietnam war came up. By the time it hit kids were like WTF? Why do I need to go get myself killed over a far off country that has no effect on my life? America was bada$$ that time. We ruled. We put our kids to task.

The kids didn't want to go fight a war that they had no purpose to. America drafted to get men to join. The war was a failure. Hey, I'm a vet, I'm not slamming Vietnam vets. Their life was harder than mine ever was because many of them were forced to do Uncle Sam's deeds and when they came home they were considered degenerates by us americans.

So, anyway some time between america living high, mighty and kicking butt. Kids had to grow up. Some of them didn't believe in the war of the day and flocked together.. They just wanted peace and love. I think that started the Hippy movement. I have nothing bad to say about that. nothing at all.

Back