Ideas??????????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsman

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers realatively new to brewing been at it for about a year and 3 months. 9 batches under belt with extract kits from northern brewer and brewers best. I'm not an IPA type drinker brewed amber ales kolshes nut browns and did a pumkin brew which was my worst too sweet! Any sugestions of recipe companies would be much apreciated.
Thanks, enjoy your suds!

Start experimenting with kits..
Ideas:
different sugars
LME's DME's
hops
partial mashing
different yeasts
etc etc.

Well Northern Brewer and its ilk (midwest, austin, morebeer, etc) all have very nice kits. If you want to mix it up I bet I totally agree with axivanax - it is really fun to experiment and also helps you to understand how the ingredients create different flavors in your beer.

I like to split batches in two, and use different yeast strains for each.

Just getting a stock kit and adding a bit malt extra here and a bit of hops there can help tailor your recipe to exactly where you want it.

have fun!

its even more fun to get a program like beersmith, and then go off of some recipes found here on HBT.. you can combine some ideas, add a little of this or that and come up with your own recipe.. i've done that exclusively for about 15 batches now and most are turning out quite well

its even more fun to get a program like beersmith, and then go off of some recipes found here on HBT.. you can combine some ideas, add a little of this or that and come up with your own recipe.. i've done that exclusively for about 15 batches now and most are turning out quite well

This is exactly what I would. recommend.Get the software ( They all offer a 30 day free trial) Look at the HBT recipe database.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f54/

You can start by brewing a couple of the recipes in there and then slowly branch out into changing them to your taste. That is the beauty of homebrewing.

Back