Idaho Falls water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fizzycist

Reaction score
I've done a search on the chemistry threads and couldn't find anything on Idaho Falls. New brewer here, I was trying to find out if the Idaho Falls tap water would be ok for my basic brews, no chlorine, etc. Nothing fancy. I went onto the city website and got their PR'ed to hell "water report" which didn't really help me out at all. Anybody in IF know? Or anybody got tips for getting better info out of the city?

Also, just had the amusing thought of making Idaho Falls beer with water from the Idaho Falls falls. Except you'd have to call it Goose Shyte Ale or something like that.

Ah, ok. Good to see another IFer here! You use a Brita-type filter I assume? Or something a little fancier?

Yep not many brewers in I.F. I use a dual filter system made by whirlpool. I drilled it into my sink but used a PUR facet attachment style filter for years. I had the same problem where our water reports where not the least bit helpful so I just thought well if the water tastes good them my beer will taste good and all has been well. hope that helps:mug:

Latest posts

Back