Ice Bin for 4 Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopherM

Reaction score
I need a cube shaped ice bin that will fit 4 corny kegs snugly and hold ice for my brew club's serving events. Any suggestions?

If it ain't gotta look sexy why don't you look at the storage bins in Walmart or Home Depot. They have some pretty long and deep bins that should work great.

I went to Home Depot today before I posted this with a printout of the footprint of four corny kegs, and believe it or not, they had nothing that would fit four. Three was the max, and they tended to be crazy big and waste a lot of empty bin space due to their lack of width.

We already have two big bins that fit that description. They tend to be plenty big on top, but then "V" and get skinnier in the bottom, where they can't handle the 18 square inches or so footprint that 4 kegs would ideally require.

I know I "can" fit four kegs in some gigantic rectangular thing that's like 30 cubic feet, but I want something that's as compact as possible, handles the footprint of 4 kegs, and is deep enough to ice at least about 1/2 of each keg. A 18 square inch bottom, square shape, sturdy, and about 2 feet deep would be ideal.

Am I asking too much?

Definitely NOT compact. We have a 8 tap system, this would JUST be for icing the kegs hooked up to the system. As stated, we have some big bins already, just trying to economize space at this point.

Back