I wish they would bring back ______

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who are you? @BUCKNUTS ? and they put the mercury in the fish so you know what temp the water is. little known fact: you can use any muskie as a candy thermometer, trout for yeast pitching temps, and catfish are great for mash temps!

Sanitation is for sissies.

Chris Farley

John Belushi

John Ritter

Boston (the rock band, pretty sure the city still exists..) :p

1970s era Toyota Land Cruisers

Wacky Wafers candy

<$1.00 a gallon gas (80s)

Clean water, clean air & mercury free fish.

I'm 63 and I don't remember any of that.

That's why they should bring it back! When I was a kid in the 60's, my Dad owned some beach property on Lake Michigan. We used to go there on the weekends & bury dead fish that would wash up on shore in bucket loads. We weren't allowed to go into the water either, it was all the pollution in the water that had killed the fish. Things are much better now, but I still think there's a long, long way to go.
Regards, GF.

That's why they should bring it back! When I was a kid in the 60's, my Dad owned some beach property on Lake Michigan. We used to go there on the weekends & bury dead fish that would wash up on shore in bucket loads. We weren't allowed to go into the water either, it was all the pollution in the water that had killed the fish. Things are much better now, but I still think there's a long, long way to go.
Regards, GF.

what I think is really amazing is that this statement, even pulled out of context, works a great number of topics ranging from pollution to politics to industry to social behavior to brewing beer in the home. sorry @Remmy/@andycr but you got bumped in my signature.

Bring back Nickelodeon, Are you afraid of the dark. Loved that when I was a kid.

What about "You can't say that on television"?

Trial by combat.

This dude tried that recently because of a vehicle licensing dispute. The court didn't allow it.

I wish they'd bring back those good old can openers. Like the ones found on pocket knives and multi-tools. Twice now I've had the floccing gears bend out of shape on the "standard" style modern society uses, and then they don't do anything but gather dust.

Seriously people it's a damn can opener. It worked for decades. Don't mess with it!

What about "You can't say that on television"?

This dude tried that recently because of a vehicle licensing dispute. The court didn't allow it.

I wish they'd bring back those good old can openers. Like the ones found on pocket knives and multi-tools. Twice now I've had the floccing gears bend out of shape on the "standard" style modern society uses, and then they don't do anything but gather dust.

Seriously people it's a damn can opener. It worked for decades. Don't mess with it!

You mean church key style where it punches out a portion of the lid like on the big cans of Juicy Juice? You cant bring those back, the lids will all look like ninja stars and children will cut themselves. Think of the children!

Use-that-church-key_1_.jpg

You mean church key style where it punches out a portion of the lid like on the big cans of Juicy Juice? You cant bring those back, the lids will all look like ninja stars and children will cut themselves. Think of the children!

Use-that-church-key_1_.jpg

More like this little guy, but with a more functional handle. Works great and there's nothing to break. Deceptively fast in the hands of skilled users too.

2.jpg

I go home on lunch.

I don't drink martinis.

But I don't not drink.

I meant more of the concept, really. Substitute your beverage of choice. I'm more of a beer and bourbon guy myself.

Sometimes on Fridays I'll go to a bar that serves lunch and have a beer or two.
Technically against policy, but "f*** the system", and all that.

And then a covert deskbier towards the end of the day.

I meant more of the concept, really. Substitute your beverage of choice. I'm more of a beer and bourbon guy myself.

Lol, thought I was the only one. I have this guy:

aluminum-bottle.jpg

Works out well.

I work in a lab, so no food or drinks at your desk. I have definitely 'Irished up' my afternoon coffee from a hip flask. Makes me feel like an employed homeless person

What bunch of degenerates we have in here :D

Shouldn't surprise you all that much... I'm pretty sure we all think about beer 24/7, we certainly have no problem being on HBT while at work, so, it's not really a huge leap, haha.

Staplers that don't jam...or for that matter any mechanical device you feel should work forever once you buy it and realize it is just another P.O.S. product of planned obsolescence and optimized cheapitry.

N.B.: If enough people use the word "cheapitry" and it gets into Webster's, I can die peacefully, knowing I have made a permanent mark on this world. Spread the word, my previous attempts at immortality haven't quite worked out.

The bottles that Dechutes used that had embossed hop vines around the top shoulder. That was my favorite bottle to harvest...

All this stapler talk. I was shopping and needed one and looked at the store brand. Friends GF (we all chill together, it's cool) is all like "Oh hell no! You do not want to skimp out on a stapler!"

There must be a definitive list somewhere on things you can be cheap with, and things that you gotta shell out proper for.

All this stapler talk. I was shopping and needed one and looked at the store brand. Friends GF (we all chill together, it's cool) is all like "Oh hell no! You do not want to skimp out on a stapler!"

There must be a definitive list somewhere on things you can be cheap with, and things that you gotta shell out proper for.
ice cream
toilet paper
beer
welding machines
coffee
ice cream
socks
paper towels
ice cream
underwear
hot dogs
wine
work boots
ice cream
suits
computers
ice cream
firearms
surgery
lumber
ice cream
staplers
ice cream

just a starter list.

ice cream
toilet paper
beer
welding machines
coffee
ice cream
socks
paper towels
ice cream
underwear
hot dogs
wine
work boots
ice cream
suits
computers
ice cream
firearms
surgery
lumber
ice cream
staplers
ice cream

just a starter list.

I think you forgot Ice cream. I definitely didnt see it in your list.

ice cream
toilet paper
beer
welding machines
coffee
ice cream
socks
paper towels
ice cream
underwear
hot dogs
wine
work boots
ice cream
suits
computers
ice cream
firearms
surgery
lumber
ice cream
staplers
ice cream

just a starter list.

Add adult 'novelties' to that list. Least that's what 'other people' tell me :D

If you still have bullets in your gun, a condom would also be a bad thing to skimp on ;)

ice cream
toilet paper
beer
welding machines
coffee
ice cream
socks
paper towels
ice cream
underwear
hot dogs
wine
work boots
ice cream
suits
computers
ice cream
firearms
surgery
lumber
ice cream
staplers
ice cream

just a starter list.

Pregnancy tests should get the extra couple of bucks, the ones from the dollar store say that they are only right 54% of the time. :smack:

Oh yeah and ice cream.

I think you forgot bullets. Definitely want quality ammo if you're going to need it. (and I mean REAL bullets.) I mean if there's a zombie apocalypse, you don't want to have mis-fires. :) Oh, and ice cream!

Back