I wish they would bring back ______

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, in ye olde tymes, kids dropped dead from anaphylactic shock before they started school and, as a result, never had the opportunity to say "no peanuts in Billy's classroom, please." Now we know how to not have that happen.

Kids that aren't allergic to everything. What's up with allergies now?

Bc people no longer rub dirt on it and get up. There is an antiseptic/sanitizer on every desk. I've been in some people's houses that remind me of hospitals bc there is a hand sanitizer on the wall or on every desk. I see people constantly having to go to the dr for allergies or being sick. I would hate to see their medical bills. I'm not saying to live in filth, I'm just saying don't worry about getting your hands dirty every now and then.

now... Get off my lawn!!! I can't wait to be an old man.

Or, in ye olde tymes, kids dropped dead from anaphylactic shock before they started school and, as a result, never had the opportunity to say "no peanuts in Billy's classroom, please." Now we know how to not have that happen.

My dad was one of six siblings that lived beyond a year; two others died within a day or two of birth. His dad was one of 17 siblings that survived to adulthood; another 5 died young. I don't think 25% infant mortality is very common these days.

Kids that aren't allergic to everything. What's up with allergies now?

Ben and Jerry's Wavy Gravy and Rainforest Crunch
(when I could go to the local scoop shop in Burlington and buy the factory second points for $1.50 or some crazy cheap price)
What kind of defect results in factory seconds ice cream? Hopefully just the packaging.

Bc people no longer rub dirt on it and get up. There is an antiseptic/sanitizer on every desk. I've been in some people's houses that remind me of hospitals bc there is a hand sanitizer on the wall or on every desk. I see people constantly having to go to the dr for allergies or being sick. I would hate to see their medical bills. I'm not saying to live in filth, I'm just saying don't worry about getting your hands dirty every now and then.

now... Get off my lawn!!! I can't wait to be an old man.

I let my kids eat food they drop on the ground, even at the zoo! My wife wasn't too happy about it with the first kid... until I pointed out 2 years later that he's never even had a runny nose. Now, she picks the food up when it's dropped and feeds it too our second child! No sickies yet!

We do constantly remind our children of good personal hygiene and clean bathroom etiquette, but also not to fear the world around us. I don't need any crazy Howard Hughes type kids running around. Lol!

Also... I'm totally going to be the pervert old man that hits on 20something girls that are too nice to tell me to go away. :ban:

Rock'em Sock'em Robots

Wasabi and Ginger Lays Potato Chips

Found a new set of rock'em sock'em robots at bed bath and beyond they were wire less and took about 5,835 size D bateries, well maybe not that many but you get the idea. When I saw it I was like eff that give me the old style

Coke with Lime.
Manual transmissions.
Original movies(not remakes, reboots, or sequels)
Cars without electronic nannies

Found a new set of rock'em sock'em robots at bed bath and beyond they were wire less and took about 5,835 size D bateries, well maybe not that many but you get the idea. When I saw it I was like eff that give me the old style

I got my kid a real, old school, Rock em Sock em for Christmas last year.

Trout limit of 8 not 4
Original Michelob not ultra crap
Dodgeball
Saying whatever b4 having to be politically correct or offending someone
Govt for the people by the people
Football before all these namby pamby rules
Etc

I loved that show. I'm thinking about starting it all over again.

I wish my brain would agree to process things like that. one of my nieces is majoring in Chinese and got to spend last summer in China (this guy is still jealous). I have a hard time trying to learn Romantic languages. hell, I have a hard time with barbaric languages.:pipe:

Eight years of immersion work wonders. I've probably spent two or three hundred hours of my life actually studying Chinese in those eight years (which comes out to what, three hours a month?), but mostly it's just the constant contact with the language.

Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde
Clear Pepsi
The Oakland Invaders
The Phoenix Roadrunners
Blink-182
The Office, US version, seasons 1-5 only
Zima, only for the shock value

Coke with Lime.
Manual transmissions.
Original movies(not remakes, reboots, or sequels)
Cars without electronic nannies

Manual transmissions in cars/trucks that actually have upgrades. Now days if you want a car with a manual transmission you can't have leather seats or a nice radio or anything else. You get he cut down 'custom' model.

The wonder and joy I felt at age 16

The slim waistline and fitness I had at age 16

The hope for humanity I had at age 16

The feet that didn't hurt at the end of every day I had at age 16

The fleeting chance I had with girls I had at age 16?!

But above all else, the feeling I had when I first stole a can of Milwakees Best from my Grandfathers basement fridge and thought to myself "Oh man! I CAN'T WAIT TO GROW UP!"

So many good things in the past, I can only hope for half as many in the days I have left....

Prost!

Pre-smart phone era life.

The frequency, speed and bluntness at which people bow out of real conversations is both alarming and rude.

Ben and Jerrys Vermonty Python ice cream. Those little fudge cows with the coffee liquor ice cream... :( why do they always take the good things away from us...

Clean water, clean air & mercury free fish.

who are you? @BUCKNUTS ? and they put the mercury in the fish so you know what temp the water is. little known fact: you can use any muskie as a candy thermometer, trout for yeast pitching temps, and catfish are great for mash temps!

Back