I wish they would bring back ______

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TV
Arrested Development
Freaks & Geeks
Fringe (4.5 seasons was not enough)
Quantum Leap

(but then again if any of these went longer they would not have been as great as they are)

The original Taco Bell Steak Burrito. It was nothing like the crap they sell now. 20 years ago it was a decent eat, especially for bad tex-mex in the northeast!

I also tape players, as I used to have over 200 bootlegs on tape.

And finally Utica Club.
I am pretty sure it is still around, I just wish it tasted as good as it did when I was in college!

TV:
Chuck
House
80's action movies (or atleast my mindset as a kid in the 80's)

Arcades

Other: Teaching kids how to do math the right way, instead of this crap they're doing now. Showing them how to properly count out someone's change.

Sunday's being a day of rest

Dunkaroos

Sure I see them every now and then but HFS those were amazing back in the day.

I need to give this Firefly a shot. Third random person to suggest it. I've been delaying watching it because, admittedly, I've been judging a book by it's cover on Netflix...

Seriously a great show, once you get a few episodes in and get a feel for the universe.

Sadly, the show only ran one season, so as soon as you really start to get into it - it's over. :(

You have to watch Firefly. That is all. Gorram Ching-wah tsao duh liou mahng. I'll be in my bunk.

One of my least favorite things about Firefly: they curse in Chinese, but their pronunciation is HORRIBLE so I have no idea what they're trying to say half the time. People say, "You speak Chinese, what did he just say?" and I've got nothing. I recently watched it with my wife with Chinese subtitles, and most of the time when the characters speak Chinese, the subtitles just say 《说中文》 - "Speaking Chinese", because even a native speaker who's rewound that line a dozen times to try and make out what they're saying has no clue.

If you've got a writer or consultant who can write creative Chinese curses (best I can make out, the one you quoted says "pervert who's being f***ed by a frog") why can't they teach your actors to say them at least somewhat properly? Analyzing that particular sentence, though, it looks like it was supposed to be "Frog-f***ing pervert," but the syntax got screwed up by Google Translate, so maybe they didn't have a Chinese speaker involved after all.

[/rant]

Chill dude. It's future chinese.

Hey, we're all entitled to be snobbish and irrationally-bothered by things that don't matter (see: grammar). My above post certainly has nothing to do with sneakily bragging that I learned to speak and read one of the most difficult languages on Earth. That would be immodest. :mug:

And don't forget Farscape...
I loved that show. I'm thinking about starting it all over again.
Hey, we're all entitled to be snobbish and irrationally-bothered by things that don't matter (see: grammar). My above post certainly has nothing to do with sneakily bragging that I learned to speak and read one of the most difficult languages on Earth. That would be immodest. :mug:
I wish my brain would agree to process things like that. one of my nieces is majoring in Chinese and got to spend last summer in China (this guy is still jealous). I have a hard time trying to learn Romantic languages. hell, I have a hard time with barbaric languages.:pipe:

Didn't go back to read all the posts here so I don't know if I'll repeat something.

Remember Marathon candy bars? Loved those. Haven't seen one in years.

Old Vienna Splits! When I first turned legal drinking age a local bar sold 6 of them in buckets full of ice! Man on a hot summer afternoon there was nothing better.

You could get the print edition only in Madison, WI (it was founded by a bunch of UW students) Milwaukee, and Chicago. Maybe a few other places too.

The Onion app is fine, but it's not the same. The print edition had the AV Club, which talked about (and sometimes mercilessly mocked) movies, music, TV, books, etc. and it had Savage Love on the last page.

Kids that aren't allergic to everything. What's up with allergies now?

Ben and Jerry's Wavy Gravy and Rainforest Crunch
(when I could go to the local scoop shop in Burlington and buy the factory second points for $1.50 or some crazy cheap price)

Back