I sure am glad that I...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeTaps

Reaction score
Used a blowoff tube for both of my first AG brews! The first one (Nut Brown ale) was fermenting within about 10 hours, and within 24 hours had krausen in the tube and in the sanitized water bucket. The second (Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale) was fermenting within 9 hours and also had krausen in the tube and bucket within 36 hours.

I guess with 85% and 87% efficiencies, and the batches being AG, the yeast really liked it's new home! I never got these results with extract brewing.

Yep, that's just one of the advantages of switching to all grain ... more fermentable wort.

Also, don't be surprised, if you pitch a good sized starter, if a future batch kicks off within a couple hours.

cheers

~r~

Yep, that's just one of the advantages of switching to all grain ... more fermentable wort.

Also, don't be surprised, if you pitch a good sized starter, if a future batch kicks off within a couple hours.

cheers

~r~

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be doing a 1L starter on Wednesday then putting it in the fridge after 24 hours for my Pecan Scottish Ale on Saturday.

Back