I smelled it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdd120

Reaction score
and it smells WONDERFUL.

If you remember I am the guy that thought I pitched when the wort was too hot.

The problems I thought were insurmountable but OH NO :ban: :mug:

So it has been in the Primary now for a week. It took a while to get going, a full 48 hours before andy airlock action, and even then not a crazy strong ferment like I have seen on you tube :)

So I should also add that I dropped my hydrometer and it broke. Yeah, I'm a moron. Another one is in the mail, but tonight I thought I would peek into the ale pail and see how we were doing at 7 days (there had been continuous airlock action, but it had slowed considerably as of yesterday), and there is a nice three inches of kreusen, and it smelled awesome.

I think the shipment from brewers outpost should be here tomorrow, so I will take a reading just to be sure, but I am very excited about my first brew to be sure

:rockin:

Cool. Smells good usually means tastes good. Glad everything is turning out for you.

see, we told you to just relax and have a brew :)

unless you completely ignore sanitation and just TRY to do everything wrong...you'll make decent beer...probably good beer.
once you refine all your habits and techniques...you'll be making great beer.

i dont know if you plan on going secondary or not ... but im on my first brew as well and i thought i pitched too soon as well and when i racked into the secondary it stirred up the yeast a lil and it fermented with ALOT more action than it did in the primary..... just thought id share since we experienced similar worries.....

glad to hear yours is going well!!:mug:

Yeah I did go to secondary last night.

It is for sure done. Its been in secondary for 24 hours and hot as much as a bubble (that i have seen)

I did get another hydrometer, and my reading was dead on expected FG.

The taste sample was frickin' wonderful to say the least. Even SWMBO is now stoked having tasted the sample.

My bid to buy kegging equipment is as strong as ever :)

California Common next....any advice from anyone?

Latest posts

Back