I need suggestions for beer names for a retirement party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

As the title says, I'm going to be brewing a couple beers for a retirement party later this spring.

I'm thinking of brewing a cream ale (never done one) as experience tells me a number of guests will be asking for a "lighter" beer. I'm also planning on brewing either a Scottish Ale or a German Alt, as those are two of my go-to beers for my keezer and always very popular.

I thought I would query the wisdom of the forum to see if anyone can suggest beer names appropriate for the occasion?

Thanks as always for the help!

Hi,

As the title says, I'm going to be brewing a couple beers for a retirement party later this spring.

I'm thinking of brewing a cream ale (never done one) as experience tells me a number of guests will be asking for a "lighter" beer. I'm also planning on brewing either a Scottish Ale or a German Alt, as those are two of my go-to beers for my keezer and always very popular.

I thought I would query the wisdom of the forum to see if anyone can suggest beer names appropriate for the occasion?

Thanks as always for the help!

“Sayonara Pallleee” Pale Ale
“Picking up Golf” Scottish ale
“Alt-heimer’s” German Alt. This one depends totally on the sense of humor of the group

"The Next Chapter"....
"Riding Off in the Sunset"....
"What's Next"....
"I'm Here 24/7"....
"Where Did I Put My Dentures"....
"65 is the New 50" ....

Tall Black Socks
Light Blue Slacks
Prune Juice
Medicare
Slowly Shrinking

And the all time classic.....Florida

Last edited:
I knew I wouldn't be let down here!

That's some great names - now I just need to figure out which ones to use. Fortunately I have some time to ponder them.

Thanks again for the help!

Off the walker cream ale
Curmudgeon Cream ale
401k alt bier
403Bier
Crusty Old Scotch ale
C.R.S.cotch ale (Can't remember ****)

Who's retirement party is it? Yours or coworker?
Also what are you/they retiring from? Might help with the pun names

Who's retirement party is it? Yours or coworker?
Sorry, I got off on other things and let this slide. SHMBO and I are retiring after 32 and 40 years in our current jobs.
Time for something new - perhaps more brewing (and drinking)! :ban:

As often happens in my beer naming, the images I found for the tap labels drove the name. I've attached an image of the two I came up with.

Retirement Beers.jpg

Back