I need some advice on bottling!!! Help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper564

Reaction score
I am bottling tonight. My question is... after i bottle is it a bad idea to store my bottled beer in a cooler inside my closet? I live in Florida and the temps range from 40 degrees at night to 80 degrees during the day. not really reliable or consistent temperatures. Any suggestions???? BTW i am brewing a Hefeweizen extract brew. Thank you!

That'll be fine; it'll help keep the temps a little more stable. As long as stable is relatively close to room temp.

after bottling the best idea is for the temperature to be as consistent and close to 70 as possible. Your house varies 40 degrees? My house stays pretty darn close to 68-70 year round when I run a/c and heat. The cooler will help insulate against the temp swings. I assume you are not icing the cooler:)

No the temps outside have recently had a range from 40-80. Inside my house it stays between 69-74. No i am not icing the cooler. Once i get a fermentation chamber built i wont have this much of a problem. lol thank you for the advice!

Cooler is good i guess incase a bottle pops...don't know what the probability of that happening is...never has happened to me. But I put em in cooler because it would be easier to cleanup if that ever did happen (if actually does happen).

Back