I Need MI honey sources

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akroessler

Reaction score
Hello!

MI brewer looking to get into mead, I've never made one before and with a bit of research I'll most likely start with JOAM like every other newbie.

Trying to find some local Michigan honey, what kind of prices are people paying per lbs, what to expect etc. do people go straight to bee Keepers or try stores. I'll most likely try a couple one gal batches at first and see what I end up with. Any pointers in the right direction will help!

Skål

Hit up local farmers markets. I pay about $25 for three pounds , but have also found a gallon (12 lbs) for $40. Thank to the honey people there. Tell them your making mead. They will tell you all you want to know, and possibly let you in on "secret stash" or volume pricing.

Went to one farmers market with no luck. Trying again at a different one on Saturday. Wasn't sure if I was hitting all the angles. Thanks for the replies!

Hello!

MI brewer looking to get into mead, I've never made one before and with a bit of research I'll most likely start with JOAM like every other newbie.

Trying to find some local Michigan honey, what kind of prices are people paying per lbs, what to expect etc. do people go straight to bee Keepers or try stores. I'll most likely try a couple one gal batches at first and see what I end up with. Any pointers in the right direction will help!

Skål

You might try one of these:
https://www.honey.com/honey-locator/find/state/michigan
Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back