• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I need kegerator advise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager_brewer

Face down on the floor
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any bought a Keg King kegerator? I am looking at a series 4 on Ebay. Paypal offers 0% for 24 months which is nice. I have also been looking kegerator.com. thank you for any helpful advice.

Any aversion to just building one?

If you have a few hours, there are a ton of mini fridges that can be converted for far cheaper than buying a pre-built kegerator. I've done two now, it's generally a day long project- the biggest issue being selecting a model with properly placed chilling lines.

Any bought a Keg King kegerator? I am looking at a series 4 on Ebay. Paypal offers 0% for 24 months which is nice. I have also been looking kegerator.com. thank you for any helpful advice.

I bought one from MoreBeer and am very happy with it! All the components are quality and it goes together nicely. I added a bunch of gas side upgrades. If you are a home brewer using Corny kegs (as opposed to buying commercial beer in Sanke kegs), you want a 3 tap unit!!!

I think Keg King uses the same fridge unit as the 24" wide EdgeStar that you can find at kegerator.com and elsewhere, but with a wider temperature range and the "Deep Chill" button rewired as an on/off switch for the tower cooling fan. The Keg King is a much better deal than the EdgeStar. It comes with better taps, better drip tray and better regulator plus a tower cooling fan - all for less money!

Photos of mine and mini-review here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/show-us-your-kegerator.29053/page-165#post-8175069

There's also a review on homebrewfinds:

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2018/0...king-kegerators-designed-for-homebrewers.html

Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Tom

I got the king keg version but I can find a co2 manifold that has 3/16 connections on it. I need that size for a few reasons. The biggest is the hole in the back

If it helps, I installed the following in my Keg King:

IIRC, I had to replace the connector at the end of the gas manifold with a brass NTP to MFL adapter. I bought some bulk, red, 3/16 gas hose, 3/16 swivel nuts and Oetiker clamps to manufacture hoses to connect everything. I mounted the secondary regulator and manifold to the mounting panel, connected one of the outputs of the secondary to the manifold input and pressure tested everything. Then I ran the 3/16 gas hose through the hole in the back of the kegerator, crimped on a swivel nut and connected it to the manifold. The mounting panel is mounted to the inside left-hand wall of the kegerator with mounting tape that has held up perfectly for a year and a half. I stashed the C02 tank in a cabinet for easy exchange.

If you don't care about having multiple C02 pressures available, you could skip the secondary regulator and connect the output of the primary directly to the manifold. I actually like the two pressures. I generally force-carbonate kegs in the kegerator via a carbonating keg lid and can dial up the pressure over time to carbonate in about a day.

It's a pretty clean setup that I'm happy with.

Enjoy!

I just bought a keg king fridge from morebeer after my old one broke. It's the 3 faucet version. Best thing about is that it holds 3 kegs and the co2 bottle inside. It has a fan and a digital temp controller. Huge upgrade to the old one. The faucets are same style as perlick so they don't stick after not using for a few days, my biggest complaint about my old kegerater. Took about 2 months and I bought some perlick faucets. Cheaper than most other setups. Was just under 800 shipped.

Back