I need empty Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
so i need to bottle beer next week. My LHBS won't have any this weekend. Does anyone know of a good deal on bottles right now? I have amazon prime and the cheapest there is $22 for 24 12oz bottles. Any help would be appreciated!

They're only $11.99 at homebrewing.org, but again, it's like double that if you calculate shipping.

You don't have friends who will give you bottles in exchange for empties? That's how I play it. My friends all know 12 empties will buy you 1 full.

If you post your location and are willing to pick up, I bet someone on HBT might be able to hook you up from their stash.

Check Craigslist.
Contact a homebrew club.
Look behind a bar, or ask the bartender to save you some. No twist-offs though.

If you lived near me, I'd give you 2 cases.

If you live in a state with a refund law, go to the local redemption center and offer homeless guys $.10 each instead of the $.05 they usually get.

The cheapest I've found are on Amazon, the ones you mentioned, otherwise just ask friends to save you some, or have a party and save all the bottles, I've done both

so i need to bottle beer next week. My LHBS won't have any this weekend. Does anyone know of a good deal on bottles right now? I have amazon prime and the cheapest there is $22 for 24 12oz bottles. Any help would be appreciated!

Where are you located? I may have some I can part with (not shipping them). They are clean but need to be de-labeled.

Also check Craigslist and ask around. Otherwise as someone else stated, buy a case or two of Sam Adams and drink up. Their labels come off easy. So do DFH bottles and they have no label around the neck.

I got a bunch of delabeled and cleaned bottles, if your near me you can pick them up.

I get mine from 10 - 15 bucks for 12. The best part is that they come full of beer. Just rinse well as soon as you finish it, stick it back in the box and it's ready for sanitizing and filling. Personally, I don't bother with taking off the labels- they will usually wear off in a few cycles of use. I also save bombers when I finish those and I normally bottle into those - takes half the work of 12ozers.

Check Facebook marketplace. I just picked up 26 cases and 7 cases of wine bottles. All de labeled for $25! I saw several such post a few weeks back.

Any hbt member is welcome to 10 cases of delabeled sanitized bagged and boxed long necks gratis.
Come get 'em.

Otherwise there's an hbt bottle giveaway thread out there...

Cheers!

Call around to local restaurants/bars and ask if they will save you some. I got TONS of wine bottles that way when we were bottling wine. Pry-offs only though, the twist-top ones we never had good luck capping them.

Also try Freecycle - it's a Yahoo group - you can post a "wanted" for bottles. I got two cases that way.

You might also ask your LHBS person if they could special order for you.

I'm not sure how your recycling process works in the US, but I just visit my local bottle recycling depot when I need bottles. They sell them to me for the $0.25 deposit fee. I use the Grolsch swing-tops and all the recyclers kindly save these in boxes for homebrewers.

I got started at the beer distributor (store). They knew me there from buying beer, let me pick empties for the 5c deposit.
And I have plenty of clean empties, come and get them.

Back