I love PBR.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a PBR or two while watching the Badgers last night. Nothing wrong with it at all.

:d

eb15535123d2d329a159324aab76244c4707f8104fa8669d67b80603b5958098.jpg

d9befb25196f65f734eaa80485b5214e641693a8d90913cbb4457dcb7eeb83e9.jpg

I would say that I like PBR... If I can't decide what to drink, and it's on tap, I'll usually choose PBR. Can't beat it for the price!

Glad I'm not the only one. Hop-heavy craft beers are great but I'll always have a soft spot for cheap domestic beer.

PBR is an excellent beer for its style, 1B.
There is a raw bar in a beach town in my state I frequent that has a great happy hour; $1 oysters on a half shell, $3.50 pints of Troegs draft, and $1.50 16 oz. cans of PBR as well as many other beers and seafood choices. When I go I pretty much always have 1 or 2 dozen oysters, a couple pints of Troegs, and a couple PBR's!
PBR is what it is and there is a place for it!

People in Milwaukee got super pissed back in the late 90s when PBR said it was no longer going to pay its retirees' pensions. People were so pissed that PBR was eliminated from all county facilities (You used to be able to get a PBR on tap at a Brewers or Bucks game. No more.) Miller stepped in and covered all the pensions.

AND this was really fascinating: PBR became kind of a recluse in the market and that led to them being seen as less affiliated with the evil corporate marketing guys, and they gained popularity (and sales) by not marketing. Naturally, every maker and seller of things wanted to increase their sales by not marketing and PBR became something to be studied endlessly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/22/magazine/the-marketing-of-no-marketing.html

PBR is my default float trip beer, nothing like a super cold PBR on a hot day floating down the river.

I love Craft Brew. But I also, Love PBR.

This sounds like it should be in the confessions thread...:)

I have a friend that only drinks PBR. So: "Live and let live," "to each his own," and all the other one liners I can't recall.

I always say sometimes: There is no such thing as a bad beer (unless it has faults) just different beers, and some are more different than others. ;)

There's a store one town over from me that sells loose PBR & Beast 16's for 75 cents. BMC's for a buck. My Church just opened a satellite literally right behind that store. My once a month Sunday in Mineral Wells is gonna rule.

I'll take it a step further and say I love a good PBR chelada. Mixed 1/2 each.

Would like to somehow make a chelada beer, pre-packaged.

I've been drinking my own homebrew for three years now. I was at a gas station the other day and damn near went in and got me a Coors Light, just for nostalgia's sake.

I've been drinking my own homebrew for three years now. I was at a gas station the other day and damn near went in and got me a Coors Light, just for nostalgia's sake.

Hey, sometimes after a summer Saturday of yardwork, that really hits the spot.

Never had a michelada out of a Bud can but I will drink them all day long if they are made by a bartender that knows what he or she is doing. Even if it was made with a PBR!

Never had a michelada out of a Bud can but I will drink them all day long if they are made by a bartender that knows what he or she is doing. Even if it was made with a PBR!

There is a mexican place around here that does them on ice little to tobasco and lime and a salt and pepper rim. They use like a light mexican lager of course. They are great for hangovers. I tried making one like that at home and it was not good.

I'm not a PBR drinker, but I will get Lone Star if I need something cheap or if I'm at a red dirt concert.

To each his own. You love PBR, then who am I to judge?

I wouldn't say that I love PBR, by any stretch, but I'll certainly drink it. As others have said, it's got its place, especially on a beach or by the poolside...

Plus now the hipsters have moved on to naragansett tall boys so us old school PBR drinkers have it back to ourselves!

I always thought PBR was a "movie beer" like the number 555-5555. I didn't relize it was an actual beer until I moved to Portland. Guess growing up outside St. Louis had sheltered me from this hipster beer.

I always thought PBR was a "movie beer" like the number 555-5555. I didn't relize it was an actual beer until I moved to Portland. Guess growing up outside St. Louis had sheltered me from this hipster beer.

When I was a kid, my dad and his friends drank PBRs. Probably the first drink of beer I ever snuck behind dad's back was a PBR.

Not bad with a plate of steamed shrimp done up Maryland style... and I'm not really a PBR fan.

Pabst will always have a spot in my heart. When I was younger thats all my friends and I used to drink, we even made a pabst team with a banner that only the true PBR drinkers could sign. The good ol' days. If anybody brought bud to our house we would all yell get out.

It's kind of Ironic I grew up outside of Peoria, IL where there once was a Pabst brewery. But I believe it shut down sometime in the 70's? (dont quote me on that) Long before my time... Would of been cool to go on a tour there. Hell I probably would of tried to get a job there :).

When i was much younger, probably like the rest of us.. all I knew was crappy beer.. and i had tried almost all of them.. bud.. crap.. red dog..crap.. miller.. crap.. molson.. crap

Then I had a PBR.. and i was like.. alright...

I wont buy PBR, but wont turn one down if offered.. and if the bar has a terrible tap line.. i dont mind a $2 pint of PBR to sober me up

Oh sweet Jesus I forgot about RedDog. That was my go to when I was broke. $13 for 30 beers YeeHAw!

When i was much younger, probably like the rest of us.. all I knew was crappy beer.. and i had tried almost all of them.. bud.. crap.. red dog..crap.. miller.. crap.. molson.. crap

Then I had a PBR.. and i was like.. alright...

I wont buy PBR, but wont turn one down if offered.. and if the bar has a terrible tap line.. i dont mind a $2 pint of PBR to sober me up

Oh sweet Jesus I forgot about RedDog. That was my go to when I was broke. $13 for 30 beers YeeHAw!

Red dog was the first beer I bought when I turned 21.
I drank one , and it ruined the moment of being able to legally buy beer!

Drank the other 5 and never bought another one!

Back