I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody else here get stressed at Christmas? Been my weakest months, through February; for years now.

It's the opposite for me Dan. Kids are starting to trickle home for the holiday, and I feel like I've already got one foot in the vacation myself.

I should feel like that Pappy. Decisions bad I've made. Wife's family I'm not a stranger but not my family

I'm looking for a new job. Trying to figure out if my past decisions are good ones. I doubt they are though. I should be back at my house in Hanford , CA. A place my kids can come home to "Dawson Hale". I'm so far from there now

Decisions bad I've made.
This can be said by all of us.

I know decisions bad that I have made.
I try, though hard at times to follow what Emerson wrote.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”

I tell people that, I don't kick puppies and I don't drown kittens. Past that I have made some questionable life choices, but my cross is mine to bare.

Does anybody else here get stressed at Christmas? Been my weakest months, through February; for years now.

Wife does. It's not "her" holiday religiously but we still observe it for the kids as a cultural event. She still gets stressed cause her side of the family is on another side of the world.

I get a little tweaked by all the monies going away in the weeks prior, but then I get really excited to see the faces as they open their gifts.

Just got done talking to my son. He's me just much better. I miss him so much but do realize he is a good man. Not like me.

Just got done talking to my son. He's me just much better. I miss him so much but do realize he is a good man. Not like me.

Oh come on Dan! We like you just as you are here! You give us more than you take. Who could ask for more? Thanks for being a friend! I know you can't see this video, but it says "thanks for being my friend!"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voNEgCKzves[/ame]

Pappy, you're right. Cell phone doesn't play songs posted here. But I can still look them up. That works

Pappy, you've known me a few years now and know I get more screwier than usual December trough February. Don't think I'll ever be much different those times of the year forever

I thank you so much for helping me, helping me pull my self back up. Thank you for being a friend

Weddings. Make you crazy

Especially this one. It's three weeks away. My purty beer dispenser I don't have plumbed yet. Beer hose hasn't arrived. I haven't even weighed my ten pound CO2 bottle. I think I'm getting to the freaking out stage.

Picking up Navy Dress Blues from the cleaners tomorrow. Added the hash marks that should be there. Wedding I'm wearing my dress blues, full medals. Not sure it's the correct choice. But I'm going with it. I figure this is the last time I'll wear this.

Picking up Navy Dress Blues from the cleaners tomorrow. Added the hash marks that should be there. Wedding I'm wearing my dress blues, full medals. Not sure it's the correct choice. But I'm going with it. I figure this is the last time I'll wear this.

I need to know how this went Dan. And pics, or it didn't happen :)

Happy Holidays late nighters! Hope everything has gone well for you all in the past few months!

Things have surely been moving quickly around my household...my son is 20 weeks today and he's starting to sleep through the night! I can't believe it! I got a new job so I've been running around like a crazy person trying to set up my classroom and put my rules and procedures in place!

Wishing you all a very merry/happy holiday and my wish for you all is good health, happiness and as much cold beer as you can drink!

Cheers!

Merry Christmas late nite crew. Let it loose, the year's almost out. Best to go nuts now; your new years resolution will keep you on the downlow for at least a week.

For your late night soundtrack, the late George Michael. Died yesterday. Should remind us that life is short and we should get busy and make the most of it before it's over.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WeLoUXx0U[/ame]

Belated Christmas to you all, I got busy and distracted (It's a lame excuse, I know)

I wish for each and every of you new hope, love, and happiness. New year is soon upon. Let's make this one the best... 'till the next which you'll make even better.

Cheers
Dan

Greetings

I'll be so happy when this "prince and princess" marriage is complete. My house has been a disaster area of projects for the last seven months. Money is flying out the door. Money we don't really have to spare.

the Cerveza Credenza is near finished, wife just finished off making the Japanese family crest with 1001 origami golden birds which of course she did all herself. She's in the process of sewing 12 handmade ties for the twelve groomsmen. Have to match the bridesmaids dress color. That is hopefully the last of projects on top the many others, more than I shared here.

If they would have not decided to get married in some beautiful wooded acreage next to the sea with no electricity out side in the mists of rainy season...,would have been so much better. I hope it all works out truly, but will be glad when it's over. So many things have to go well, at least ok. In the end ... doesn't matter. The prince and princess wil be married for better or worse.

I just hope my small integral part does well. The Cerveza Credenza serves cold beer well and I don't cry like a baby walking my daughter down the isle.

Cheers
Dan

Ps. I realize my complaining is first world problems. I get that; I am actually fortunate to make such a fuss over something so trivial.

Feeling a bit embarrassed but very blessed. And Happy. My daughter is getting married to a good guy; her new family is miraculous!

Dan

Dan,

Brother, congratulations on your daughter starting a new incredible page of her life.

All,

A wish for a fantastic (and safe) new year to all.

opus

Back