I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I was looking at the lifetime membership discount offered during the 10th anniversary celebration. It is a good deal no doubt. However, when you click on the pull down menu it says 25 years. Damn, I thought I might have longer. Maybe I should be happy with 25? How does Tx know? I wish I didn't know, but I suppose it makes planning easier. :mug:

So, I was looking at the lifetime membership discount offered during the 10th anniversary celebration. It is a good deal no doubt. However, when you click on the pull down menu it says 25 years. Damn, I thought I might have longer. Maybe I should be happy with 25? How does Tx know? I wish I didn't know, but I suppose it makes planning easier. :mug:

You'll do best if you plan on 10. Go ride a bull named Fu Manchu. In fact, tomorrow may be it. Might want to step up your game. That's what I'm doing.

Anyone get hooked on Breaking Bad? I did. Sorry to see it end, but the last show was great. Here's the final song. Badfinger, for your late nite soundtrack. Have a great wkend, late niters. I'm taking the wife to a chick flick tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Friday! Happy Valentines Day! Happy Chocolate Day! Whatever you consider it.. I hope you all are having a happy one.

Somebody on this forum did something very generous for me. I don't know who it was, but thank you! You know who you are!

Jeez you guys are up early! Or going to bed late.

Good Morning HBT.

Chorizo and eggs with partially homemade tortillas for breakfast. Hope to complete taxes today. Anyone else got the taxes done? Refund or pay? I'm expecting a refund.

After reading many of the posts about work I just had to say how happy I am now that I am out of that rat race. I think on average I worked 16 hours a day 6 days a week for years not knowing where the next job was or if i was going to draw a check or not while stroking one for the guys working for me. Add to that the employees stealing you blind at times or screwing up a bid on a job and losing your tail on it but finishing it the right way anyway. Dealing with engineers and home owners over silly crap that really did not matter. Driving a zillion miles a year and living in crap motels for months on end.

I kind of miss it now:confused:

Well yea, sure, we'd all like to not work. Turns out my 3 college kids, spoiled wife, and mortgage lender are addicted to money.

After reading many of the posts about work I just had to say how happy I am now that I am out of that rat race. I think on average I worked 16 hours a day 6 days a week for years not knowing where the next job was or if i was going to draw a check or not while stroking one for the guys working for me. Add to that the employees stealing you blind at times or screwing up a bid on a job and losing your tail on it but finishing it the right way anyway. Dealing with engineers and home owners over silly crap that really did not matter. Driving a zillion miles a year and living in crap motels for months on end.

Say hello to my little friend.....hops are breaking ground here

1392578784220.jpg

Jeez you guys are up early! Or going to bed late.

Good Morning HBT.

Chorizo and eggs with partially homemade tortillas for breakfast. Hope to complete taxes today. Anyone else got the taxes done? Refund or pay? I'm expecting a refund.

Well yea, sure, we'd all like to not work. Turns out my 3 college kids, spoiled wife, and mortgage lender are addicted to money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Home Brew mobile app

Went to the Aisan market yesterday. I thought I'd try some cooked salted duck eggs.... Yeah, no. Got one out of the package and pealed. Then I smelled it and threw in the trash. My body was very firm that if I ate that, it was going to come right back out.

I have this crazy love of The Association, Spanky and Our Gang, Fifth Dimension, Mamas and the Papas, etc. Not sure why, but that kind of happy carefree music puts me a a good place.

LeadGolem's head will explode. Sorry about that. Happy Sunday everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh heck I understand that I really do. I feel rather blessed to be in a point in my life where for the most part I do not have to worry about those things:rockin:

But the things I do worry about now in a kind of the same way are every bit as bad or perhaps a better way of saying it is bugging me. I worked hours on end every day of my life and now I am supposed to do what grow a garden or something? Let me tell you my whole life I spent trying to find time to do all the work and now I am trying to find work to fill all the time.

Sigh I know it is a stress of a different sort but in at least my life I think I would rather be working again. And to that end begins the current argument with my wife:fro: We are building a new shop and she wants to hire it done while I say BS I will build it. It will give me a couple of months of pleasure and keep me out of her hair during the days.

Which reminds me brother nothing is worse than being stuck in a house with your wife when you want to be out doing something. I am lucky my wife kind of understands that and does not begrudge me to much shop time. But dang man I want to go and do stuff. I want to build or brew or just rock out looking at the jeep I am building.

I digress and understand I need to get in touch with my inner gardener and realize that folks like me do not build race cars or stuff anymore but plant rows of peas and corn. I know my head says I am still young but my body well it may say a different thing hehe.

On a lighter note I put lipstick on the dog tonight and am thinking about shaving my head and beard for the summer. I am in trouble for the lipstick deal so I figure get the shaving bit while I am in trouble :mug:

Back