I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! My timing is off. I seem to post when all good people are sleeping. My schedule is a bit screwy.

I had a good friend of mine, I always helped him drink his wine...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a member on that website and like to pop in and post weird things. Maybe I should ask them if I can catch any diseases from sleeping with a dead chicken. It was still alive when I fell asleep but stiff as a board by morning.

Hmmm, I've woken up with my chicken stiff as a board too. :eek:

seriously, though I am sorry about your birds.

Oh man this weekend just keeps on getting better and better. I loaned my climbing spurs out a few years ago and forgot to get them back so I am making a set today. Got my harness ready and plenty of sharp saws so I am pretty much ready after I make the spurs :rockin:

I am house sitting this weekend and trying to steal some Internet but everyone has passwords set. Few guesses and no luck. So I walked across the street, the guy came out and I introduced myself. His name is RJ. I don't know what that stands for. So I just told him, hey, I'm house sitting for Laura over here and trying to steal some Internet, but everyone has passwords, could I get your password? He laughed then gave me his password and look, I am online now!!

BobbiLynn said:
I am house sitting this weekend and trying to steal some Internet but everyone has passwords set. Few guesses and no luck. So I walked across the street, the guy came out and I introduced myself. His name is RJ. I don't know what that stands for. So I just told him, hey, I'm house sitting for Laura over here and trying to steal some Internet, but everyone has passwords, could I get your password? He laughed then gave me his password and look, I am online now!!

Funny not really a good p/w is it . Lol

Oh man this weekend just keeps on getting better and better. I loaned my climbing spurs out a few years ago and forgot to get them back so I am making a set today. Got my harness ready and plenty of sharp saws so I am pretty much ready after I make the spurs :rockin:

Hmmm, just make new ones? That's pretty awesome.

I wonder if RJ is married. Maybe I should have brushed my hair or something before walking over, or maybe he likes the wild look. He was really friendly. Kind of young, 30-ish maybe. He seemed impressed that I immediately said the password back to him since it was just a series of 8 random letters and numerals. He asked did I want him to text it to me, and I said no, I remember. And thank you. Really friendly guy and good looking. When I get a chance I'll ask my friend is he is an axe murderer just released on parole.

Since I live in the hood, going to someone's door and asking for a password could literally get you shot. haha..

Since I live in the hood, going to someone's door and asking for a password could literally get you shot. haha..

I didn't even make it to the door before his dogs started raising hell, and I thought, maybe this is a bad idea. But then he came walking out and looked like maybe he had a brewer's beard. So now I'm borrowing his Internet and maybe I should at least bring him a beer later. Dogs permitting. Should be a fun weekend, I already met one nice neighbor. :cross:

I'm already getting tipsy, found the liquor cabinet, which was unlocked. Lots of stuff I never heard of so giving them all a try. Before the weekend is over, I might end up being the worst house sitter ever. The stuff labeled apple-mango wine in a pint jar tastes more like moonshine.

:drunk:

BobbiLynn said:
Hmmm, just make new ones? That's pretty awesome.

I wonder if RJ is married. Maybe I should have brushed my hair or something before walking over, or maybe he likes the wild look. He was really friendly. Kind of young, 30-ish maybe. He seemed impressed that I immediately said the password back to him since it was just a series of 8 random letters and numerals. He asked did I want him to text it to me, and I said no, I remember. And thank you. Really friendly guy and good looking. When I get a chance I'll ask my friend is he is an axe murderer just released on parole.

Him texting you the password would have given you his number! Doh!!!

What's happening and what are we talking about? I don't think that wine is wine. By now I am almost positive it's moonshine. I invited a couple friends over. The lady of the house, my best friend, Laura, just called and asked how things were going. I said I can't find the cat. She said that's okay and asked are the dogs inside and I said yep. I think I saw 2 of them but hard to tell since they are both black. She doesn't suspect anything is wrong.

What's happening and what are we talking about? I don't think that wine is wine. By now I am almost positive it's moonshine. I invited a couple friends over. The lady of the house, my best friend, Laura, just called and asked how things were going. I said I can't find the cat. She said that's okay and asked are the dogs inside and I said yep. I think I saw 2 of them but hard to tell since they are both black. She doesn't suspect anything is wrong.

Could be seeing double and 1 dog got out:D

Leadgolem said:
My order from northernbrewer subtotaled 102.15. The same order from love2brew, without the sake kit that they don't seem to carry was 86.48. Without the sake kit the northernbrewer order would have totaled 90.16. So, straight prices love2brew comes out better by 3.68.

The real difference is the shipping. Love2brew wants 72.63 to ship the order. Northernbrewer charged 13.95. That means that the northernbrewer order without the sake kit would have cost me 104.11, while love2brew wants 159.11. That makes the northernbrewer order 55 dollars cheaper.

Most places charge a lot to ship bottles because of the volume of the packages, northernbrewer does not. If you aren't buying bottles, or if you are buying fermentables, another vendor might be a better deal. I'll bookmark love2brew and do order comparisons the next time I buy something for brewing online.
Ahh didn't consider the shipping on the bottles. Does NB ship the bottles inexpensively? In my scenario the shipping from NB added $22 to my order whole the shipping from L2B was free.
Thank you. I don't like buying bottles, but I wanted to have some easy to cap bottles for sparkling stuff. The 750ml Belgian bottles really require a bench capper, and the bombers will fit in my wine rack too.
I like these, American champagne bottles. They will take a cork or a crown cap. I got 10 cases of them on clearance from a local wine supplier a couple years ago. Unbelievably heavy, a single empty bottle weighs over a kilogram.

image-2170357173.jpg

image-984767750.jpg

I want to live around people like you Varmitman. Seems the place to move to is HomeBrewTown. I hear, Passepawn is the town developer.
Sweet. Did we ever agree on what temperature to have the preheated sparge water system set for?

How does one make climbing spurs?

Ahh didn't consider the shipping on the bottles. Does NB ship the bottles inexpensively? In my scenario the shipping from NB added $22 to my order whole the shipping from L2B was free.

I like these, American champagne bottles. They will take a cork or a crown cap. I got 10 cases of them on clearance from a local wine supplier a couple years ago. Unbelievably heavy, a single empty bottle weighs over a kilogram.
Compared to most other retailers, yes. Since I'm in Denver I'm about equal distance from both east and west coast suppliers. Usually shipping on 24 large bottles, either wine or bomber, would be 25-30$. Then the rest of the order would have separate shipping costs. Not something the retailers tell you, but you can figure it out by messing with the orders a little. NB shipped the whole order to me for 13.95.

It's interesting to me that L2B sent you an order with no shipping cost, and they wanted to charge me such a high one. I find that odd.

I like the champagne bottles. I wanted something with a crown, but that didn't require a bench capper. Do those need a bench capper, or is the spacing right for a lever action capper?

Is that Bosch drill a hammer drill? I've got a monster Bosch Hammer drill similar to that.

Yup, it sure is. I've burned out another one just like it, too. We beat them up at work pretty good.
I've got one like that too. Only mines got a red plastic casing.

Bananas on the stove for the banana wine. :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Bananas on the stove for the banana wine. :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

I'm thinking once it's cooked and fermented I could probably drink it without allergic reaction. That's just a guess, though.

I'm also allergic to avocado, which sucks. I love guacamole, but if I eat even one tablespoon I'll be going to the hospital and possibly die. :(

I'm not nearly as allergic to bananas, though. I just get an itchy mouth and throat from them.

I'm thinking once it's cooked and fermented I could probably drink it without allergic reaction. That's just a guess, though.

I'm also allergic to avocado, which sucks. I love guacamole, but if I eat even one tablespoon I'll be going to the hospital and possibly die. :(

I'm not nearly as allergic to bananas, though. I just get an itchy mouth and throat from them.

Are those seperate allergies or are banana and avocado relatives?

Woot woot! Wats up Late Nite Homies!

Dayum, it's Friday. This was a tough week, got myself out of a major legal bind, and I feel great! I've got my own company, and I keep a household going on it. Major juggling act. 2 kids in college, one on his way. Spending days in federal court sucks, but it's over.

This song is great. I run to it, and it really speaks to me. For your late nite soundtrack, Eminem.

Remind me in 6 months or so and I'll send you some. Not worth making yourself if you can't drink it.

Well, my friends that I invited over stopped by, even knocked on the door, but I was sleeping,,, err. passed out cold, they left and left a couple messages on my phone asking if they had the right house. So now I am positive it was moonshine and not wine. And now I definitely see 2 distinctive dogs, one is smaller than the other and has a different shaped tail. So all is well.

Er, oops. I forgot I made a starter for this batch and I've already added water up to full volume... Good thing I just got those 2 gallon fermenting buckets. :)

I found the cat too. Just appeared out of nowhere. Trying to expand my horizons and look at different topics on here while stealing Internet. Once I made a magic hat and my parents tried to have me locked up, so I don't know what that topic is about but I did read some of it.

I think I'll go see what else is in the liquor cabinet. House sitting is nice. If anyone else wants me to house sit for them sometimes, just ask, I might be available.

Dayum, it's Friday. This was a tough week, got myself out of a major legal bind, and I feel great! I've got my own company, and I keep a household going on it. Major juggling act. 2 kids in college, one on his way. Spending days in federal court sucks, but it's over.

This song is great. I run to it, and it really speaks to me. For your late nite soundtrack, Eminem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Uv_4jGgAM

Passedpawn, who I call Pappy
Truly glad things turned out right and you are happy
To the Family, the loved ones,
A father is like the bright sun
Warms the heart each and every day
Fathers, take care of there family let me just say
Pappy, I'm glad your days in court are over
From what I've learned about you on HBT
I even peeked at your business, tween you and me
A very good man, an an engineer and poet
You might say naught but many do know it
I know you are a MARINE CORPS MAN
Dude, happy, very happy for you and your plans
I wish the best for you and your family
I had another line, it was going to be sappy.

So let me just give you a great big cheers! Here's to you Pappy and to many good years!

Cheers! :mug::mug: Passedpawn.

Keep on Trucking!

Ever heard of red-headed burst? It is too sweet. I'm going to go look around for the medicine cabinet now, for some tums. People really should lock their liquor cabinets, and maybe their medicine cabinets too.

Ever heard of red-headed burst? It is too sweet. I'm going to go look around for the medicine cabinet now, for some tums. People really should lock their liquor cabinets, and maybe their medicine cabinets too.

I don't lock mine. :D

BobbiLyn, I read your post and sometimes grin. Cause you do put a smile on my face..In that there is no disgrace. Don't look in the medicine cabinet. All of us people usually have habits. So, look someplace else instead for the stuff you're looking for before going to bed.

Gotta play a song.

BobbiLynn said:

BobbiLynn said:
I'm already getting tipsy, found the liquor cabinet, which was unlocked. Lots of stuff I never heard of so giving them all a try. Before the weekend is over, I might end up being the worst house sitter ever. The stuff labeled apple-mango wine in a pint jar tastes more like moonshine.

:drunk:

passedpawn said:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Uv_4jGgAM

Good to hear that you're clear of the legal troubles.

BobbiLynn said:
I found the cat too. Just appeared out of nowhere. Trying to expand my horizons and look at different topics on here while stealing Internet. Once I made a magic hat and my parents tried to have me locked up, so I don't know what that topic is about but I did read some of it.

I think I'll go see what else is in the liquor cabinet. House sitting is nice. If anyone else wants me to house sit for them sometimes, just ask, I might be available.

Bobbi, you can house sit for me any time. But I haven't a liquor cabinet and don't brew often enough. Also, my dog is a jerk. :eek:

I'm pretty sure I was a drunken fool today. I was at my own home, so is that a mitigating factor?

Back