I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBL, you should be in charge of promoting Mary. I've actually become a fan because of these seemingly random, but probably strategically placed appearances. I do like her voice.

Yes. I'm glad BBL, introduced her. Never would have heard her great music otherwise.

"On a Sunday Morning Sidewalk" I've always loved this song, Johnny Cash made it famous. Somewhere here on HBT, probaby the "My Favorite Country Music" thread I learned that Kris Kristopherson actually wrote this. JC made it famous. I believe there were some hard feelings involved between the two over all this. They made amends.

Here are the two of them singing it together for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YcPW6R9yRzE

Anybody here like spam musabi? Slice of spam and a thick layer of sticky rice wrapped in a ribbon of "seaweed" When I make it usually it is wrapped entirely in kiri.
I'm allergic to msg, so I can't eat kiri. I also loath spam. Looks like some good stew though. :)

The rain stopped now, but I guess I could drag everything to the shed or just on the porch. Yeah, the porch. I did trying searching, but could only find vinegar off flavors and nothing about what would dissolve the yeast. It had a very active fermentation in the beginning, that's what blew the airlock and there was a yeast cake forming in it. I know it fermented.

Added: I think beer+oxygen+fruit flies= vinegar
Actually, alcohol + acetobacter +oxygen = vinegar... I guess you said that. The acetobacter would have been living on the fruit flies.

Really? So there are things that will eat a yeast cake. The yeast was all gone? What part of the process do you think caused this?

...............erm well. I think the fruit fly larva ate the yeast cake.

I have something I consider using as an on/off switch occasionally, but I don't think society would approve. :cool:
Is it a 9mm? JK. :p

My daughter had colic bad and I think would have used a baseball bat at times. Amazing how constant crying can turn a loving dad into a frazzled angry demon.

I sure hope they have got something to help those babies with colic now and if not for the babies then something for the parents.
I thought that was what the whiskey was for?
I was going to say, that seems like a nice low summer time bill here. Ever since we got metered everyone I've talked to has paid about 50% more. The city sold the people on metered water, saying we'd all save money. Huge load of BS. At our old house we paid about $70 a month, unmetered. Now we're at about $100 in the winter and $150 in the summer.
My last water bill was $26.44. However, I have no working exterior water on my house right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... larvae ate my yeast cake. That makes sense. Probably already said I marked that fermenter with a V. When life give you acetobacter from a dark ale, make some malt vinegar. Stuff goes for almost $20 for a 12 ounce bottle.

That is a cool dog!
Yeah, he leans to steer the skateboard and everything. :)
Hmmm... larvae ate my yeast cake. That makes sense. Probably already said I marked that fermenter with a V. When life give you acetobacter from a dark ale, make some malt vinegar. Stuff goes for almost $20 for a 12 ounce bottle.
Yup, I'm just not sure I could stomach using it after it had fruit flies in it. With the alcohol and then acetic acid in it, I don't think it would actually hurt you though.

Dan said:
"On a Sunday Morning Sidewalk" I've always loved this song, Johnny Cash made it famous. Somewhere here on HBT, probaby the "My Favorite Country Music" thread I learned that Kris Kristopherson actually wrote this. JC made it famous. I believe there were some hard feelings involved between the two over all this. They made amends.

Here are the two of them singing it together for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YcPW6R9yRzE

I've been singing that song for the past week. Had to explain to my 23yo partner that stoned=drunk back then. Kids these days...

Mind you I am not a gamer but brewing is the ultimate game complete with unlimited life.

I just bottled a batch of beer and was looking at the table full of beer bottles and I had a epiphany. Well first thought was thank golly miss Molly I can whizz now that I am done.

Well as I was gazing at the wonderful sight of all my soldiers lined up for battle I was struck that much like a game they will fall in battle. Much like the Irish Red and Moose Drool clone I am taking to beer and cigar night tomorrow. Some battles are fierce like beer and cigar night and some battles are lame like tonights bottling. But they will most assuredly fall and die a horrible death....Until I revive them with another life and bottle cap.

Aint life grand:rockin:

Mind you I am not a gamer but brewing is the ultimate game complete with unlimited life.

I just bottled a batch of beer and was looking at the table full of beer bottles and I had a epiphany. Well first thought was thank golly miss Molly I can whizz now that I am done.

Well as I was gazing at the wonderful sight of all my soldiers lined up for battle I was struck that much like a game they will fall in battle. Much like the Irish Red and Moose Drool clone I am taking to beer and cigar night tomorrow. Some battles are fierce like beer and cigar night and some battles are lame like tonights bottling. But they will most assuredly fall and die a horrible death....Until I revive them with another life and bottle cap.

Aint life grand:rockin:

That's sort of poetic.. A heartfelt tribute to beer bottles. Nice. :mug:

Weird. I had the last post before bed and the first one waking up. Never saw that before:rockin:

I don't think you are getting enough sleep... I ended up bottling last night too. Now I've freed up a car boy, must refill it. Going to go for a special blend today. It's going to be like a fine stew with all the leftovers from the fridge thrown in. I hope the bees stay away today. Do I really need beersmith or something to come up with my own recipe? Nah, I'm just going to throw everything into the mix and see what happens. Washed some yeast for the first time too.

Hubby home from hospital but don't know for how long. He's acting like a grizzly bear that just came out of hibernation and found out someone ate his wife and kids while he was sleeping. Must avoid him at all costs, I'll be outside brewing. And I told him do not enter my room, he entered my room, get out!!! I'm afraid he'll fall and break something again. Last time he slipped on something and broke all the glass out of my cabinet, still glass everywhere. Cut his elbow and I secretly smiled. Get out of my room!!! I must try to be nice. Smile and say, yes, honey. I might have to move back into the shed. The couch out there is very comfy.

I don't think you are getting enough sleep... I ended up bottling last night too. Now I've freed up a car boy, must refill it. Going to go for a special blend today. It's going to be like a fine stew with all the leftovers from the fridge thrown in. I hope the bees stay away today. Do I really need beersmith or something to come up with my own recipe? Nah, I'm just going to throw everything into the mix and see what happens. Washed some yeast for the first time too.

Hubby home from hospital but don't know for how long. He's acting like a grizzly bear that just came out of hibernation and found out someone ate his wife and kids while he was sleeping. Must avoid him at all costs, I'll be outside brewing. And I told him do not enter my room, he entered my room, get out!!! I'm afraid he'll fall and break something again. Last time he slipped on something and broke all the glass out of my cabinet, still glass everywhere. Cut his elbow and I secretly smiled. Get out of my room!!! I must try to be nice. Smile and say, yes, honey. I might have to move back into the shed. The couch out there is very comfy.

I think I am not getting enough or at least that is what my wife is telling me. Heck I just cannot see laying in bed though doing nothing when I cannot sleep.

Hehe Yup I got a empty as well but no grain to fill it with. I am going to buy a couple of bags and brew this weekend with my new mash tun and the no sparge method. I think I have died and gone to heaven:rockin:

Can I mash corn flakes? Trying to figure out what I can add to make this go further, trying for 5 gallons. And I spent the electric bill money on grain and hops. :eek: One week and I'll have plenty more supplies. BREW-HA-HA!!! Hubby mad but he was mad anyway. Give him a reason. :eek:

Can I mash corn flakes? Trying to figure out what I can add to make this go further, trying for 5 gallons. And I spent the electric bill money on grain and hops. :eek: One week and I'll have plenty more supplies. BREW-HA-HA!!! Hubby mad but he was mad anyway. Give him a reason. :eek:

Yup I believe so. Same ratio pound for pound but you should not go over about 30% I think it is with adjunct grain or it will be hard to convert to sugar. Not enough enzymes or something

Yup I believe so. Same ratio pound for pound but you should not go over about 30% I think it is with adjunct grain or it will be hard to convert to sugar. Not enough enzymes or something

Doing a corn flake mini mash(BIAB) on the stovetop, gonna add it to the mix. I got 2-row, rice, grits and now cornflakes going in, won't be more than 20%. Should be interesting. I didn't really spend the bill money on supplies, we got plenty in savings we can take out if needed, hubby says don't touch it. I want to touch it!! Must have supplies!!!

Doing a corn flake mini mash(BIAB) on the stovetop, gonna add it to the mix. I got 2-row, rice, grits and now cornflakes going in, won't be more than 20%. Should be interesting. I didn't really spend the bill money on supplies, we got plenty in savings we can take out if needed, hubby says don't touch it. I want to touch it!! Must have supplies!!!

And you can name it beer...GREEAT beer Done in my best Tony the tiger voice:ban:

How about bacon with every meal, every day? ;)

I contemplated having her beheaded but she told me no to that as well. Dang I guess it is true what they say about kings. "Behind every king is a bossy queen":D

So barring a harem and revolt against the queen I declare today free beer in this thread paid for by the queen. That will learn her:rockin:

And bacon lots of bacon

I wonder where to get bacon lean enough to make bacon-beer? Cook it well then steep it? The bees have found me too. They are calling their friends now, come on over, beer is brewing!!! :ban:

Back