I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal.

Your well must be a rather shallow one for the pump to be up on the surface. I wish mine was that easy:p

Your well is deeper than the highest point in the state of FL. I would think most wells are on the surface down that way.

Bobbilynn remember to pay attention to what he does to fix the well, in case you need to do it again in the future. Assuming it is something simple, like a breaker trip, reset button or something.

Your well is deeper than the highest point in the state of FL. I would think most wells are on the surface down that way.

Mine is over 300' I know. My 3.5 KW generator will not run it and that just sucks.

First thing I thought when I saw the water lines on the surface I was thinking dang how do they not freeze up. Then I remembered where she lives:p

Mine is over 300' I know. My 3.5 KW generator will not run it and that just sucks.

First thing I thought when I saw the water lines on the surface I was thinking dang how do they not freeze up. Then I remembered where she lives:p

Highest point in FL is only 350

Here's a pic of the Ricotta I made last night. Seasoned it with some basil, sea salt, freshly crack black pepper and a smidgeon of garlic powder. Not sure if I'm suppose to do that but how can you go wrong with those. I'll make some manicotti tomorrow night.

The pic doesn't really do it justice. Looks kind of like a white blob. But man, it smells delicious!

ricotta-58425.jpg

^ oh my god!!!!

I'm cooking venison chili for tonight. Nothing big here, just my family and my partner from work is stopping by. Since no teams I really care for are in it, I figured I'd make this year a relaxing year. Most SB's for me end up with stories told for years... The SB and Thanksgiving are the only real holidays to me. :D

I have to work at 6 so im in pajamas and an nap till the Sb starts then ill probably watch it with a nice pot of coffee and hope I can stomp my co workers in SB squares so I can gloat when I get to work tonight.

I didn't even hardly have to bring my plants in this season. It did get down to 29 degrees the night before last. Coldest it's been all year. But the water stopped working in the afternoon, right after I finished a batch of beer(and spilled it). Still bees in the house. And a couple bees in my beer. I won't even ask if they will cause an infection because I boiled the bees. Need to do a better clean up job on the spilled beer. Hard with no water though. One day I will drink the bees, do you think that will sting?

Friend will be here later, I called him 3 times already. Won't keep calling. HELP!! I have no water and there are bees in my beer!!! And now my 4-wheeler won't start either. Need to hook it to the battery charger, really though just need to get a new battery, this has been happening. Yanking on the pull cord with a bee stung hand hurts. Swelling down now though.

Thanks for all the help!!! I will go help beginners on this site to give back when I get a chance. ;)

Here's a pic of the Ricotta I made last night. Seasoned it with some basil, sea salt, freshly crack black pepper and a smidgeon of garlic powder. Not sure if I'm suppose to do that but how can you go wrong with those. I'll make some manicotti tomorrow night.

The pic doesn't really do it justice. Looks kind of like a white blob. But man, it smells delicious!

Hey Dan, didn't even hear you walk in the door. Yum!!!!

BobbiLynn said:
I don't have water, since yesterday. Called hubby and he said turn the breaker thing off, then hit the black box thing several times, then switch it back on, but that didn't work. The bees that got in the house, after the spilled beer are dying. Airlock still bubbling. There are bees in my beer. Life is good.

Sharona, that musta hurt. I once broke my nose and put it back myself. Made a "snap" sound. There, I got it!! My friend said, I'm calling 911!! Was a biking accident, I said no, I'm fine!! So she said, well, look in the mirror then I'll call 911!! My nose was sitting on the left side of my face, freaked me out so I grabbed it and put it back. Never did go to the hospital and sometimes when it's cold my nose hurts.

Dang! I'd never do my nose! Husband wanted to yank my thumb, but that didn't sound right, so I did it myself before he could try his way.

Airplanedoc said:

Bobbilynn remember to pay attention to what he does to fix the well, in case you need to do it again in the future. Assuming it is something simple, like a breaker trip, reset button or something.

Always watch the repairs so you know what to do!

That ricotta looks good :)

Dang! I'd never do my nose! Husband wanted to yank my thumb, but that didn't sound right, so I did it myself before he could try his way.

Always watch the repairs so you know what to do!

That ricotta looks good :)

Yes, I will watch. And the nose thing was instinct, not something I thought about. Looked and freaked out, grabbed it put it back. My friend said since that day she has new found respect for me. There was blood everywhere. I don't even know how it got splattered all over the mirror and shower curtain as I was cleaning up. Ended up with 2 black eyes for weeks afterwards. I don't know how but something about breaking your nose gives you black eyes. And look, I'm still alive!!!

I reset my nose when I broke it, in HS Football, but 10 years later I had to have it surgically set properly so I could breathe and didn't have nose bleeds.

A friend of mine self extracted a molar, (nothing but a little Jack Daniels for pain killer) thats when I figured out he was way more tougher than me.

I reset my nose when I broke it, in HS Football, but 10 years later I had to have it surgically set properly so I could breathe and didn't have nose bleeds.

A friend of mine self extracted a molar, (nothing but a little Jack Daniels for pain killer) thats when I figured out he was way more tougher than me.

Witnessed someone doing that too, with a pair of pliers. Now that is being tough. Nose isn't a big deal, just quick snap into place. Then a little adjusting to get it just right. I guess it was about 8 years ago. Was told by my doctor later that I actually did a pretty good job. I can touch it and feel where it broke, not perfect but good enough. No breathing problems.

OK Cygnus So you build top end amps? Are they tube amps and if so where do you get your power supplies for them and tubes.

My specialty is guitar amps.
Vintage Fenders, Gibsons, etc.
I also build and sell my own design of high gain guitar amps, as well as
vintage radio conversions.

I will eventually build some hi fi but right now I'm too busy with my other stuff (that's where I've been all day).
I do have a stereo power amp I scratched together from an old Conn organ.
6 big glass bottles and a couple of small ones...sounds awesome.
SS amps now just give me listening fatigue.

Some of my guitar amps:

cygnus7sept2012.jpg

cygel34hawkings.jpg

scaled.php

squierplusrca.jpg

scaled.php

This is the original shot of the stereo power amp:

baldwin4x6l6amp.jpg

A inside (gut) shot of one of my radio conversions.
I don't like circuit boards!
Not only am I a machinist/industrial safety pro, but I'm a mad scientist in my spare time!

:D

scaled.php

crosley5f1.jpg

cygnuschampfr1.jpg

tek466sinewave.jpg

[ame]http://youtu.be/lnp8mw_tRsA[/ame]

Is that you in the video? Nice....

Thanks.
I compensate for my lack of playing skills by working on the equipment!

Hope you get your water going, and hope the ole man comes home soon.

DAN...the cheese looks awesome!
It will be great with the manicotti.
I like mine hot and spicy, with that cheese in for offset.

:D

SS amps now just give me listening fatigue.

My theory is that if you can carry it with one hand it probably isn't worth listening to. With the possible exception of the Carver Cube. One of these days I will get around to building a hifi tube amp but for now my old Sansui does a fine job. Still sounds pretty smooth after all these years.

My son has built a couple guitar tube amps. His next project is a speaker cabinet. Any recommendations for guitar speakers that won't break the bank?

Nice wiring job, btw. So many of these amps look like a bowl of spaghetti when you turn them over.

My theory is that if you can carry it with one hand it probably isn't worth listening to. With the possible exception of the Carver Cube. One of these days I will get around to building a hifi tube amp but for now my old Sansui does a fine job. Still sounds pretty smooth after all these years.

My son has built a couple guitar tube amps. His next project is a speaker cabinet. Any recommendations for guitar speakers that won't break the bank?

Nice wiring job, btw. So many of these amps look like a bowl of spaghetti when you turn them over.

Thanks!
A fellow tube-aholic.

Weber makes great speakers and is an awesome group to deal with.

http://www.tedweber.com/

Well, I made it to the HBS and back. Place was crazy today. A couple pissed off people too. They ran out of CO2 about an hour after they opened I guess. So much for superbowl beer for those gents :( One of the guys that used to work there opened up a Nano next door though. I stopped in and got a growler to support the local brew scene. Had a pretty good selection. They're all pretty darn dry though. I went with the RyePA. I liked the stout too, but it was too dry for me.

where do you get your power supplies for them and tubes.

A lot of tube suppliers on the web.
I scour CL for tubes and equipment.
Some of my suppliers for amp parts and other things are Antique Radio, Mojo, Weber, and some surplus suppliers.
Tubes are currently being made in China, Russia, old Soviet countries, and USA.
Audio tubes are no longer made in the USA as far as I know though.
Military apps still use them for their durability and to maintain old equipment.

Sorry to be popping in and out of here incognito. I haven't read all the threads since last night but will later today. I'm lost in my cheese world sort of. Below is a picture of the pound of fresh mozzarella I made last night and now is shredded. I cooked some Italian sausage and now steaming a chicken breast. Both of which will go on the Super Bowl pizza later today along with some bacon.

Got some cheesy bean dip on the stove for later. Think I'm going to make some home made (sort of) nachos. I have a pack of corn tortillas I'm going to quarter and fry up. Way to much food for my daughter and me. Please feel free to stop by in a few hours, I'd be happy to share.

shredded-mozzarella-58426.jpg

Yeah!! Water!!! Bang on the side, not on the top. That's all he did and water works! Dang, why didn't hubby just tell me smack the side, I was smacking the top of it.

Did you eat? Have you eaten? What have you eaten? Leave me alone about that!!!! Hubby telling everyone to make sure I eat. I will eat when I am hungry!!! Probably I have lost some weight but I'm not that skinny!! I am not starving! Do I look like I am starving??? Maybe I do because eat!! eat!! eat!!! Go eat!!! Leave me alone!!! Everyone telling me to eat is making me lose my appetite!! I will eat the bees when I get around to that batch of beer!!! :(

Sorry to be popping in and out of here incognito. I haven't read all the threads since last night but will later today. I'm lost in my cheese world sort of. Below is a picture of the pound of fresh mozzarella I made last night and now is shredded. I cooked some Italian sausage and now steaming a chicken breast. Both of which will go on the Super Bowl pizza later today along with some bacon.

Got some cheesy bean dip on the stove for later. Think I'm going to make some home made (sort of) nachos. I have a pack of corn tortillas I'm going to quarter and fry up. Way to much food for my daughter and me. Please feel free to stop by in a few hours, I'd be happy to share.

Alright, now I am getting hungry!! I want to tell people, don't tell me to eat, just put some good food in front of me!!! Yum, getting my appetite back now...

In my experience. One of the hardest things to do when you are alone is to eat right. It's like you said.. Put some food in front of me and I'll eat it.

Sometimes hard to get motivated making food for yourself. I always make way to much food and a lot goes to waste. Just the way I'm programmed I suppose. I like to cook for family. Just not a lot of family around where I live.

Well I kind of rode a sled today. Took one out into the pasture and raced around a little bit. My wife who has lived at sea level her whole life went for a ride on the sled with me and I think it will be a week or two before I get my nipples back.

Great day though and I think I might go riding again but more sedate style:rockin:

It's still a bit to early to start making pizza. Time to chill with some tunes. BobbiLynn, know that we are all thinking of you. What you are going through is more than tough, it's heart wrenching. Stay strong Sis. We're here with you.

Here, lets take our mind off and listen to this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riRAGzNzvQ

Not a song, but its still Johnny Cash My dad used to recite this so often I can almost recite the whole thing,

Last edited by a moderator:

That sounds about right. I like some parsley and onion powder too. I don't usually add pepper to the cheese in the manicotti.

I actually made some cheese today too. I ran this batch a little warmer then usual to see if I could get higher percentage of the proteins. Brought up about a 1/2 gallon of whole milk to 180f then added vinegar until the protein started coagulating. Not much protein left in the whey. It was very clear.

The cheese also came out with very little liquid in it, as compared to my typical 120f ricotta. It's sitting in some brine in the fridge now. It came out as a single mass, not broken into pieces like usual. Interesting, I'll see if I can slice it in a couple days. :)

Glad you got your water back on BobbiLynn.

You hurt yourself? We said be careful out there... Well, maybe we said that and maybe we didn't. :drunk:

No I am not hurt just tired. Stupid forum is crawling tonight for me or I would upload the photos of us jumping the road.

Feels good to be home and warm:D

Lordy lordy.. Power went out at the Super Bowl? Give me a freaking break. The telecast announcers power ws fine. Really,, effing really? Is this what it comes down to? BS drama for television ratings. Oh, that what was a hypothetical question.

Makes me sick to see this stupid crap going on. Serious? Anybody really think a stadium that is up and running just fine loses power on SB day but the sportcasters keep on talking?

I'm naive. Not stupid.

Back