I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must stay strong.

One of my buddies went sledding yesterday and came home just beat. I asked him why he was so beat and he told me that they were sledding in 3 foot of new powder. Man that is just perfect conditions to ride:(

Varmintman said:
I must stay strong.

One of my buddies went sledding yesterday and came home just beat. I asked him why he was so beat and he told me that they were sledding in 3 foot of new powder. Man that is just perfect conditions to ride:(

Well, if it helps at all. My brother in law went on Thursday and came home with this.

image-1880148203.jpg

37 staples, missed the femoral by less than an inch. He was 3hrs into the backcountry and bleeding bad. Apparently he dug a ski and went over the bars doing 15ish. His leg caught a cable shroud on the bars and ripped his thigh wide open. A nice ride with the medics in the helicopter to the closest trauma center.

The dog and I have been up singing and dancing this morning. I'm singing Beach Boys still and he's dancing. I think we'll brew another 5 gallons today. Got 20 gallons going now, and a couple boxes of beer conditioning in bottles. Need more beer. Gonna brew my last AG batch I bought as a kit then get some stuff ordered for a cheap batch, want to try some new recipes. Not cheap beer, as in Bud light, like varmintman's friends, but good beer that just happened to be inexpensive to make. Might even get the possum trap reset today.

I feel terrible about calling the family vultures, was not their intent. I think they are just worried I'll start selling things to cover costs. Make sure the things they were promised don't get sold. But I'm not selling anything. Keeping hope hubby will recover and make it back home. He is a fighter, not a giver-upper. And I have learned to not always listen to the doctors. Sometimes it seems like their guess is as good as mine. Some of his organs are struggling, but nothing past the point of no return.

Happy brew day dance!! I hope there is enough propane in the little tank because I'm not sure how to transfer from the big tank to the smaller ones. Hubby always did that for me. Guess I could watch a youtube video then try not to blow myself up attempting it.

:ban::ban::ban: Glad we got some more dancing bananas in stock. Needed them for the happy brew day dance.

Ow snaps and I mean a big OWWWW.

I wonder why I love doing it so much when it hurts so bad. Even on the non wreck days it hurts but wreck days are just not pretty:D

Everybody keeps asking me about Homebrew. How good is it? :confused:

The best analogy I've ever heard is: it's like homemade lasagna vs. store bought lasagna. Sure you can get filled up with the store bought stuff, but once you've had homemade from a good cook there is nothing that can compare. :)

The dog and I have been up singing and dancing this morning. I'm singing Beach Boys still and he's dancing. I think we'll brew another 5 gallons today. Got 20 gallons going now, and a couple boxes of beer conditioning in bottles. Need more beer. Gonna brew my last AG batch I bought as a kit then get some stuff ordered for a cheap batch, want to try some new recipes. Not cheap beer, as in Bud light, like varmintman's friends, but good beer that just happened to be inexpensive to make. Might even get the possum trap reset today.

I feel terrible about calling the family vultures, was not their intent. I think they are just worried I'll start selling things to cover costs. Make sure the things they were promised don't get sold. But I'm not selling anything. Keeping hope hubby will recover and make it back home. He is a fighter, not a giver-upper. And I have learned to not always listen to the doctors. Sometimes it seems like their guess is as good as mine. Some of his organs are struggling, but nothing past the point of no return.

Happy brew day dance!! I hope there is enough propane in the little tank because I'm not sure how to transfer from the big tank to the smaller ones. Hubby always did that for me. Guess I could watch a youtube video then try not to blow myself up attempting it.

:ban::ban::ban: Glad we got some more dancing bananas in stock. Needed them for the happy brew day dance.

Better fill the tank before you start. Sucks running dry and then having to learn how

Hope the hubby does get better. Good to see the dancing bananas as well:rockin:

Here a few more dancings bananas for you::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

The sled I was working on last night ended up with a bad knuckle joint and scored piston so it is going to take a lot more to fix than we thought. Was hoping to get by with just new rings but you know how it goes.

And it was a great night. I did not even pick up a wrench since my back is hurting. Just watched the shop rats and drank beer by the fire. :rockin:

Do I really have to sanitize? Screw it. A good rinse and we'll see what happens. 100 years ago did they sanitize everything? It looks clean. ;)

I like making twice baked potatoes - lots of cheddar cheese & sour cream - and then top them with a couple slices of cooked bacon. Not much better beside a good filet! :ban:

I love twice baked potatoes. I usually do sour cream, garlic, blue or gorgonzola, a bit of chives and a little crumbled Stilton on top. I save the bacon for wrapping the filets.

We've all done and said stupid things. Rubbing my eye with a hand that had been handling jalepenos was one of my finer moments.

I was chopping a whole bunch of different hot peppers once upon a time and afterwords I had to pee. :eek: Let's just say after that experience I have always worn nitrile gloves when chopping hot peppers.

Mash time, picked the debris out of the pot before it got too hot. Maple leaves and one acorn should give it a nice flavor, the ones I missed. Wind is blowing, dropping things into my kettle, but now I have the lid on it. I know I don't have to sanitize anything that will get boiled, so all good so far.

That's not debris, its flavor.

Yes, not even measuring anything this time, looks like enough water. Fill up the kettle as I go and let her rip. Got my mash water too hot and waiting for it to cool.... added some more cool water to help 'er along. Happy brew day dance!!! :ban::ban::ban:

it's approaching beer:30, I think I best have one or two. Worked last night so then it will be nap time for me. But first...

be cool...

relax...

get hip...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe I was trying, but getting to know this stuff like the back of my hand. Cheers!! It's beer:30 here too, drink up!

I don't want to go to sleep, I want to drink beer and listen to music

Listening to the music is better than sleeping, most of the time. Forgot to have my sparge water ready. But won't matter if I mash out an extra 30 minutes. Yeah, this is the wild brew. Just wing it and make some beer. I really don't care if it comes out good or not, something to occupy my time. I bet it comes out good though. No sanitizing, no measuring, no timing it. We'll see what happens.

Music and beer or sleeping, kind of a tossup right now. If I don't go to bed soon someone is going to think I'm not tired and I will end up with a honey do list. So I think I'm going to get some sleep.

Everything else with your beer sounds reasonable with the exception of sanitation. A wild beer is one thing, an infected beer another.

Anyway, off to dreamland for me. But first, a song before I go...

Looks like the night owls got some sleep and decided to party in the morning. Still too early for beer for me. About the only times I start drinking before 5 are when I'm brewing or fishing. Speaking of which, my brew buddy was supposed to come over today and mash some starter wort and can it up. Haven't seen or heard from him. Looks like I'll be brewing alone again here in a week or two.

No night owling for me this week, I'm on vacation. I was going to take the Super Bowl off, then saw the whole week was available so I took it. I get 5 weeks so I like to spread them out throughout the year.

I'm hoping to brew tuesday or wednesday with my electric stick for the first time.

PS, went to another gun show today. No one even wanted to talk to us because we were from NY. Tried three tables to purchase a regular old Mossberg 500 and they all said no. I did manage to buy two glock mags with cash, but that was it.

Enough brewing for me I got to stop... I already brew about 30 gallons in January. I want to brew more but I don´t have any more room for anything else. I guess I have to start drinking now

I'm hoping to brew tuesday or wednesday with my electric stick for the first time.

PS, went to another gun show today. No one even wanted to talk to us because we were from NY. Tried three tables to purchase a regular old Mossberg 500 and they all said no. I did manage to buy two glock mags with cash, but that was it.

Knee jerk reactions to the shootings I guess. Sad really when they do not look at the person but the gun:mad:

I could use some starter wort myself. I might just go ahead and do that today. Lord knows I don't won't to go outside.

Alright, will sanitize the car boy and funnel before pouring it in. Everything else went though the boil, going through the boil now, actually. Got to start adding my hops soon, careful not to boil over. Not enough buckets left for this one, so going back to glass. Fine, I'll sanitize. Who wants infected beer? Not me!!!

Alright, will sanitize the car boy and funnel before pouring it in. Everything else went though the boil, going through the boil now, actually. Got to start adding my hops soon, careful not to boil over. Not enough buckets left for this one, so going back to glass. Fine, I'll sanitize. Who wants infected beer? Not me!!!

So you broke your AG cherry eh? Not so bad is it? I see you didn't blow yourself up. That's a good thing.

So you broke your AG cherry eh? Not so bad is it? I see you didn't blow yourself up. That's a good thing.

Not so bad and look, I'm still here!!! 3rd AG batch under my belt now. The bees are flocking though, they smell the sweetness and want some. One bee in the brew, he will be a flavor additive. This batch should be a good one.

My dog is pissed about the bees, not sure where they came from. Couple bee body parts in the wort now. I'll pick them out once it cools. Maybe 2 dozen bees swarming around it now, lid is off to keep a rolling boil. Must be the sweet smell of victory they are after. Neither me nor the dog have been stung yet, so all good.

I wonder what it feels like to a dog when they get stung. My dog seems to ignore the thorn pricks he gets - some very deep and bloody - when we go tromping through the woods.

Not so bad and look, I'm still here!!! 3rd AG batch under my belt now. The bees are flocking though, they smell the sweetness and want some. One bee in the brew, he will be a flavor additive. This batch should be a good one.

I must have been a little dislexic when I woke up this morning. I though you said this was you first AG batch. It was your LAST AG batch kit. See why I don't drink this early? :drunk:

Back