I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention I can think of 2 twits right off the top of my head who are (Im hoping) underaged. No adult who hasnt sustained massive bluntforce headtrauma should be that stupid and still moving.

Apparently you haven't met some of the people I work with. I keep telling management they need to stop giving drug tests and start giving IQ tests when they hire new employees.

Well... depends on the issue (not even politically, interpersonally even).

There are a few hot buttons where I am utterly unwilling to listen to the argument, because I know what a crock of nonsense is coming. Others I have more wiggle room to talk.

We've all done and said stupid things. Rubbing my eye with a hand that had been handling jalepenos was one of my finer moments.

But there is a noticable difference between a smart person doing a dumb thing and those people who have a hole in their thought processes.

I'm not a grammar nazi, and I dont mind some misspellings (I do it too) but if you really want to troll me, post something inflammatory and fail to articulate your point using the English language.

My wife came up with a good saying. "I can deal with a sweet idiot (everyone loves a black lab) and I can deal with a smart *******. I cant stomach an ******* who's an idiot"

I think the thing that kills me is the reluctance to listen to any other view since it worked for my dad and it will work for me.

I am a legal guardian for a severely retarded aunt and care giver for her. Mentally she is about 6 but physically 70. One would think that it would be easier to ignore what she says all the time but I have learned things from her that have helped me in my life. I believe that no matter how weird or different the view you should at least listen and think it through before blowing it off

And yes some things get blown off much faster than others:D

I think the thing that kills me is the reluctance to listen to any other view since it worked for my dad and it will work for me.

I am a legal guardian for a severely retarded aunt and care giver for her. Mentally she is about 6 but physically 70. One would think that it would be easier to ignore what she says all the time but I have learned things from her that have helped me in my life. I believe that no matter how weird or different the view you should at least listen and think it through before blowing it off

And yes some things get blown off much faster than others:D

What I like are the folks who have been able to lie to themselves about who they are and what they believe.

So let me get this straight <Name redacted to protect the guilty> you have expressed a fear of African Americans and you "don't believe" in interracial marriage... do you really have the balls to tell me you arent a racist?

So, Reelale. Do you plant anything out there or just select for the food plants that are already there?

It's just a pilot project to see if this could be an ongoing viable forest management practice for these particular training areas. Initially they wanted to plant, but they agreed to the pilot project.

Hey guys, I'm trying to relax and have a homebrew. After waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. Sorry about any rude comments I have made. Things aren't right in my life. Hubby really sick, scared. But ready, bring it on life, I'm ready for you. I don't know how much time is left. Moderators can delete all my comments so as not to upset anyone. The family is keeping me away from the hospital so as not to upset other family members, so I get it.

:off:

I jumped in here during the possum adventure, so I didn't know about this. Hoping everything is ok. Best wishes for you and yours.

What I like are the folks who have been able to lie to themselves about who they are and what they believe.

So let me get this straight <Name redacted to protect the guilty> you have expressed a fear of African Americans and you "don't believe" in interracial marriage... do you really have the balls to tell me you arent a racist?

A good dose of life would go a long ways with that person.

I wonder though if it is a generational thing. My parents and in particular my dad was against mixed marriage. Because of time in the Army though I changed my views that I learned as a kid from my dad. Now I have raised my daughter to look at what a person is and does and not the color of the person.

Sadly there will always be a core of racism, religious intolerance or glass over plastic to name a few in the world. Simply because such behavior is taught and the cycle goes on.

Hmm maybe the internet is a good thing to teach tolerance since we have no idea of a persons ethnic background when they post. I would love to see a racist get some good info from the person they are racist against and then find out:ban:

Dangit those are my views and you all better agree or be ready to assimilate:rockin:

Anyway, getting back to how interesting it is how differently people live... I dated a ballet dancer in college. Each and every morning at 4am she would wake up, get ready to go to the studio, and dance for hours and hours.

I'm sure there are people out there, maybe some in HBT, who have never been in a revolving door or ridden on a train. I've never attended a rodeo.

I know shared experiences are interesting, but its equally interesting to think that something that is part of your life everyday is something that someone else may never ever experience.

You don't have to apologize to me. Just keep in mind that Political talk outside of the debate forum is frowned upon.

Funny train of thought when I called you Airborne. Made me think of my drill Sargent's back in basic. We had one drill who had just gone through jump school and everything was airborne this and airborne that. Then I started thinking about the other drills we had and in particular a Maori drill Sargent named Drill Sargent Nua. Man I hated that guy. He was a huge man and could run all freaking day.

Now for the bizzare bit. I married a Maori girl :ban: Weird how twisted and convoluted my mind is:)

Yeah being Airborne is definitely one of those things that gets into you for the rest of your life, especially being that I was born on Ft. Bragg and have an uncle and cousin who are also airborne brothers. I've been using this name online since late '98 or early '99.

Closest I ever had was I was eating wings at a bar once when I was just out of college, and I see this pretty girl out of the corner of my eye coming my way. Ok James play it cool. As she's getting closer I notice she's staggering a bit. She comes up to my left side, takes a wing off my plate, then grabs my left arm with her free hand... and bites down hard on my shoulder.

I have no idea what happened after that, I was too stunned and confused. She didnt break the skin but it hurt!

Bouncer came over to me and said "damn, yo, that shiz was crazy!"

Yeah being Airborne is definitely one of those things that gets into you for the rest of your life, especially being that I was born on Ft. Bragg and have an uncle and cousin who are also airborne brothers. I've been using this name online since late '98 or early '99.

I went through basic at Ft Benning and they had a airborne school there as well. That one sargent was able to pull strings I guess and get us in the airborne round robin training circuit for PT once a week. It sucked since you ran from one platform to another jumping off them and did it for hours it seemed. I got tired of doing that one day and did a flip off it and got in trouble oh my was I in trouble for that.

Hehe he pulled me aside though much later and told me he thought it was cool

Just got home. Kids are off to school. Wife asks if i can bake a dozen potatoes for her work potlatch. Oven is preheating and I do believe, why look at the time, its beer thirty!

Morning ladies and gents. I was up with you all night, but we had a super busy one. Don't all those people know that getting sick and hurt is really getting in the way of my HBT time?

Just got home. Kids are off to school. Wife asks if i can bake a dozen potatoes for her work potlatch. Oven is preheating and I do believe, why look at the time, its beer thirty!

Morning ladies and gents. I was up with you all night, but we had a super busy one. Don't all those people know that getting sick and hurt is really getting in the way of my HBT time?

MMMM I love some baked potatoes that you mash up and fry in some grease preferably bacon grease.

Dang and I already ate breakfast:mad:

I jumped in here during the possum adventure, so I didn't know about this. Hoping everything is ok. Best wishes for you and yours.

Thank you and you aren't really behind on the news. I've barely mentioned it in passing. Well, some people knew he's sick but how sick they didn't know until I said it out loud last night. I'm not looking for any sympathy, or maybe I was when I said it, had to look back, what did I say and why???? Today is all about taking care of business. Hubby said just do your thing, don't even talk to the man, tell him I'll explain things when feeling better. See, that's the hope, hubby will feel better enough to talk to him for me. Gonna keep my head down today and take care of business. Couple friends coming over in a bit to help me. I will just say, "I'm sorry, hubby will talk to you about it when he's able to". Gotta do this. :rockin:

Thank you and you aren't really behind on the news. I've barely mentioned it in passing. Well, some people knew he's sick but how sick they didn't know until I said it out loud last night. I'm not looking for any sympathy, or maybe I was when I said it, had to look back, what did I say and why???? Today is all about taking care of business. Hubby said just do your thing, don't even talk to the man, tell him I'll explain things when feeling better. See, that's the hope, hubby will feel better enough to talk to him for me. Gonna keep my head down today and take care of business. Couple friends coming over in a bit to help me. I will just say, "I'm sorry, hubby will talk to you about it when he's able to". Gotta do this. :rockin:

And you will do this I am sure.

2 words before friends get here to help:

Liquid Courage

I will do this and take care of business. :p

OK so I thought you all could use a good laugh so I decided to post a photo of part of my brewing/party rig. Now mind you I am a card carrying full blown red neck and every Friday night I carry this to beer and cigar night. Trust me I have heard it all from ooh look Bills cooler is happy to see us because it has a hard on to ooh look Bill has packed a picnic for us in his green and pink picnic pail. So feel free to flame on about it I have heard it before. But I thought to put one rifle in the photo to maintain some manly dignity:rockin:

By the way the cooler is my mash tun when I brew. I take out the manifold and load it full of beer once a week. The offending hard on is the valve and nipple assembly. The pink and green bottle bucket I got no excuse for other than it compliments my eyes:D

For HBT 001.jpg

It would! I would definitely crash your party in my peacock dress with a Barbie pail full of homebrew :D

Damn, you would be like a very strange homebrew pied piper. Bad thing is, i would be the first one and have a big smile on my face.

BobbiLynn, thoughts and prayers your way.

BobbiLynn said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to relax and have a homebrew. After waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. Sorry about any rude comments I have made. Things aren't right in my life. Hubby really sick, scared. But ready, bring it on life, I'm ready for you. I don't know how much time is left. Moderators can delete all my comments so as not to upset anyone. The family is keeping me away from the hospital so as not to upset other family members, so I get it.

:off:

I wish you strength and peace, BL.

Hang in there Bobbi. I can't say I know how you feel, but I can somewhat relate. Christmas really sucked for me this year. My Mom had knee surgery on the 10th of Dec. and then two days later my Dad went into the hospital with a horrible case of pnemonia (they're seperated BTW). With my sister's work schedule, I ended up having to take up most of the slack. My Dad didn't get out until the first week of Jan, wasn't responding to antibiotics, and my Mom just drove for the first time in two months just this week. I also volunteer at the local resuce mission and help out with the Christmas give away. I build boxes for them while they're putting everything together and then help deliver the boxes just before Christmas. The delivery fell right smack dab in the middle of all the chaos and to top it off, it warmed up a little and was pouring rain all morning. Of course the rain scared off a good number of delivery volunteers, so I ended up making three trips. If it wasn't for my full rain gear, I probably would have gotten pnemonia myself. When I was in Alaska I picked up some Grundens rain gear. It was expensive, but worth every penny. Things are starting to slow down now and I can't wait for spring so I can bug out for a while and do some fishing.

Bobbi from across the ocean my prayers are with you and your husband. I´m not religious I rarerly pray, I did today so you can find the strength and peace you need. All my support from this total stranger from across the ocean. I wish I had the vocabulary to say something inspiring that will cheer your day up I lack that ability but I do feel for you.
Regards.
Dario.

Bobbi my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My wife has been sick for over a year, thankfully not requiring hospitalisation, but we cannot find out what's been wrong been run in 100 different directions so kind of understand where you're coming from. Best wishes to your husband and you

Thanks so much, the guys helping me today are taking a lunch break. We are removing hubby's possessions from a certain location and not gonna pay the fee. They can go **** on themselves for all I care at this point. Hubby called from the hospital and I am the only one who can understand what he's saying, heavy morphine drip. He said get this done, I will. Crazy and glad I cleaned the house, people are showing up from out of the woodwork. Where were they when we really needed them? Now that they might get a piece of the pie, here they are. I'm in charge now and I have to keep away the vultures.

Latest posts

Back