I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not posted to this thread but have been an avid reader / lurker for years.

@Dan Sure do appreciate your life stories, ramblings and musings.

Just thought it was time to say as much.

Over the past 10 years I’ve shared much on this thread This Time at Night

One thing I’ve learned in my life. Honesty, humbling honesty is good for the soul. We are all subjected to life’s troubles. I truly believe in there is goodness among us human beings. Hard to see it at times.

Last edited:
One last couple of words. Mymom said. ( I know it’s not original but that’s ok)

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields
until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

(Is it ok to say that, not being from Hawaii?)
From the great white north. "Yeah sure you betcha." Its ok. "Sure nough."

My fingers get to moving on the keys. I share most everything
I won’t say all but anybody that has read my threads has learned the most important aspects of me
Are I want happiness

1 He only says this cause he’s stoned

Oh yes a game. Multiple choices are okay. Just got to explain a few words on your answer
2. He’s alone buy his own choice, even though married (and doesn’t like the situation but is scared of divorce)

3. Lonely guy

maybe to much stuff.

I’d like to ask a question to medical pro’s

I’d like to confess. :)

Ive lived in Hawaii. married here 19
years and am a newcomer to Hawaii. I’m no longer known as just a a Huali.

One of my friends, A great guy. Probably 6 foot four and a feI’m a family member to a very good and loving family. My wife Hundred plus pounds is third generation Japanese.

My first love was a Japanese girl when I lived in Japan. (Ps. Never told my wife about her)

I have lived here mostly for 20 years.

I wasn’t born here. Doesn’t matter me because I treat everybody with dignity and
In Hawaiian Aloha

Ok. I’m human and mumble and jumble words together till they don’t make sense when I’m not myselfunderstands but I’m just …go from there:)

I figure tops I’ve got 24 years left. Probably more or less. Most likely less

So I figure even though I’m on the downswing there are a few things that I’d like to share before I just go in 20-30 years

For you youngsters raising a family. Boy babies can be a handful, girls aren’t always little angels.

Doesn’t matter to a father and mom
Each baby will be a little different but both kids loved the same by their parient. Parent

Mahalo, thank you to parents.

I’d like especially t to say thank you to the mom and dads that might read this.

FIEnd. ME!

I’m a little down in the dumps

There are sometimes in life it’s a little bit tougher than others. There are times in life that are truly joyous.

Until recently the worst experienced was the death of my mom and dad. They were both in their early sixties. Not much older than I am now.

Recently my dog died. He was my best friend, my best buddy, my friend To the end.
My boy’s name was Dasher

I literally broke my leg digging his grave. Ambulance came. I ended up with total hip replacement surgery. Dash got buried and I was not there for it. Stuck in the damn hospital

He was just a dog. Right?
No. He was my best friend, my life partner. He would stare into my eyes and read my soul. He did that to everybody. It would turn into a staring contest. Lol. Dasher had a talent for that and my god was he good at it

I realized in his last few months he wasn’t much longer going to live in this world.

I knew that but it does not make his passing easier

I go by his grave and talk to him. The other dog and cat miss him. Sometimes I think Dash’s soul is flying around the house. His buddies see him. Both start looking around.

Loosing Dasher was nearly harder than losing my parents

I’m grieving

It’s been two months now. I really am hurting at my boy’s loss. He was my best friend for many years.
I love you Dash

Last edited:
PawPrintsSympathy.jpg

Hey!

Had an emotional moment shared earlier up in these texts. No apologizes.

We all get effed up by life toughies.

Most important thing to me is;

Love

I am built to help life tough times. I am not great at it.

Remember my name is Dan, short for Daniel.

No body else needs to be.

Not than I’m perfect because I’m not.

I’m definitely only
Daniel

Known better as
Dan

Last edited:
Hey!

I’m a little, maybe a lot to damn selfish at times.

I’m going through a process of losses

I think there are stages to loss of a loved one.

Doesn’t matter who the loved one is.

It starts with loss

That’s all I remember at this point.

I know there are a bunch of stages.

Sorrow then anger I don’t remember the steps

Probably a therapist would probably spell it out and tell me

I have never got over my parents death.

Sends through.

I’m 58 years old. Still trying to figure out death

There might only be an answer after life as we know it ends

That’s about as much as I know

Last edited:
Thanks Kent88!
Much needed levity!
Robin Williams is to me the greatest comedian ever. Not because he had a bunch of pre planned rehearsed jokes. I don’t think I ever heard him tell a joke

His comedy came from true wit

Hope all is well for you!

We’re getting our roof replaced in my townhouse complex.

The guys on the roof are incredibly, tough nimble and strong. I’ve spent some hours of a day on a roof and it was a tough day.

These guys M-Saturday eight hours a day.

You’d think a bunch of young guys…nope! Mixed crew. All those guys regardless of age are in pretty good athletic shape.

It’s inspiring

From a different perspective I’m not them

My doc was concerned about my blood pressure. It’s a little wonky. Seems I get nervous at doctors offices and suffer at times from the white coat syndrome.

My new doc had me do a 24 hour BP monitor. I did ok enough to not be put on medication but was advised it’s time to get more active

The embarrassing if that’s the word, more concerning two earlier test were my cholesterol counts.

My bad cholesterol was around 200. Good was about 50

Doc put me on a light dosage med. now bad LDL is 100 and good around 80. Bad was cut in half, good increased.

Other big test was liver and much to my surprise it was good.

I believe a human body is pretty amazing. I don’t like to take meds if I don’t have to but if I need to to really stay healthy to keep it on balance sure will.

Our body’s amazing power to heal itself is a miraculous feature.

Arguments can be had for WTF cancer. Trust me I get it. I personally know that effing bast@rd!

I guess all we can do is live well as we can.

I’ve been posting on HBT 10 or so years. Hope to continue this great site and posting at This Time at Night for a long time.

Cheers!
Dan Dawson

Last edited:
My wife needs a hand washing station for her Lions Club Shave Ice stand this weekend. Made one with what I had on hand. Yay! Home brewing gear to the rescue.

It’s a little redneck but works. 10 gallon cooler. Paper towel dispenser, soap holder and drain(sort of). Rock solid. Lol

Attachments

• 4D6183AF-0ACE-4A78-A1F0-88A0B8CCA895.jpeg
    4D6183AF-0ACE-4A78-A1F0-88A0B8CCA895.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
My wife needs a hand washing station for her Lions Club Shave Ice stand this weekend. Made one with what I had on hand. Yay! Home brewing gear to the rescue.

It’s a little redneck but works. 10 gallon cooler. Paper towel dispenser, soap holder and drain(sort of). Rock solid. Lol
What a clever idea, love how it's all strapped to a bar stool. Ingenious!

until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Recently an old classmate of mine died unexpectedly. I'm still young enough that my former classmates shouldn't be dying yet.

We were never close. We were the kids in our grade who got picked on. He was one of the nicest, most forgiving people I've probably ever met, and I don't just say that because he's dead. He was really easy to have a conversation with. He didn't deserve the class, and I'll admit that it included me, picking on him.

Grade schoolers get a bit of a pass for being jerks. I'm not proud of how I treated him back then, but we all have to live with the dumb things we did when we were that age. Hopefully I can teach my son better. Still, I wish I had a chance to tell him... I don't even know. Apologize? What good would that do this many years later? Does it clean my conscience, to make him recall the garbage he went through when he was young? And really, I do accept that I wasn't perfect as a gradeschooler. Gradeschoolers are still learning not to be jerks.

I thought about this classmate lately, before I even heard the news, when a college friend just so happened to give her newborn this classmate's same first name. I carried no ill will towards him.

So now I'm the one sitting here, considering the words to this song:

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day;
though thousands fall about you,
near you it shall not come.

And I will raise you up on eagle's wings,
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun,
and hold you in the palm of my hand.

It's never too late to apologize or in this case the absence of being able to do so to forgive yourself.

In the late 80's and as an adult in a work environment there was an individual who routinely was picked upon. I did not participate, but stood by without saying anything and honestly should have been judged just as guilty.

Years later I sought this person out and did apologize for my inaction and cowardly behavior. He was gracious and accepted my apology. In this case it was more of a clearing of the air between us and allowed for a fresh start between us. I can't say we became friends but did allow for a better working relationship.

Hey all!

I really like HBT, really love this thread.

I think we all are guilty of past indiscretions. Nobody is perfect. I’m not big on man made religion but do like ( I’m not Catholic) but do like the idea a person can clear their conscious through confession, be forgiven by God. Who I do believe in.

My faith in God is pretty strong. My belief in evil, because there is real evil is realistic.

We all make mistakes. What we do after that is really what counts

Hey all!

I really like HBT, really love this thread.

I think we all are guilty of past indiscretions. Nobody is perfect. I’m not big on man made religion but do like ( I’m not Catholic) but do like the idea a person can clear their conscious through confession, be forgiven by God. Who I do believe in.

My faith in God is pretty strong. My belief in evil, because there is real evil is realistic.

We all make mistakes. What we do after that is really what counts
I’m replying to my own text. Lol

I truly believe people are good. Truly!

Latest posts

Back