I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of disappointed there is no opossum in the trap. What is the plan for tonight's adventure?

Yeah, who isn't? Hubby says don't mess with it yet, let the guy get used to seeing it there. To add additional bait would mean unwedging it and re-setting the trap, possibly almost lose another finger. Though I could at least pour some bacon bits through the top without disturbing anything else. He never did pick up the cat food for me.

Anything else going on tonight?

Okay, I am going to be nice to Billy Jim Bob. Feed him some nice bacon. Here, have some fresh water too. Catch more flies with honey right? Hmmm... maybe he would like my honey amber ale?

So a couple days ago I talked to ghost. Told hubby about it finally today. Who is Rob or Robert? Did there used to be a big green pasture behind the barn? Yes, both he said. It was the guy who owned this property before us. Name was Robert. He died here. "Oh okay, that must be the guy I talked to then."

Hubby: "What did he say?"

Me: "Told me to go for a walk in the big green pasture behind the barn". There is no pasture there now, but hubby says he knows where the pasture used to be. Said he'll show me the place tomorrow.

Hmmm.... I wonder what will happen tomorrow. Maybe he will take my hand and show me how to live off the land. The guy Robert that I talked to.

Okay, I am going to be nice to Billy Jim Bob. Feed him some nice bacon. Here, have some fresh water too. Catch more flies with honey right? Hmmm... maybe he would like my honey amber ale?

So a couple days ago I talked to ghost. Told hubby about it finally today. Who is Rob or Robert? Did there used to be a big green pasture behind the barn? Yes, both he said. It was the guy who owned this property before us. Name was Robert. He died here. "Oh okay, that must be the guy I talked to then."

Hubby: "What did he say?"

Me: "Told me to go for a walk in the big green pasture behind the barn". There is no pasture there now, but hubby says he knows where the pasture used to be. Said he'll show me the place tomorrow.

Hmmm.... I wonder what will happen tomorrow. Maybe he will take my hand and show me how to live off the land. The guy Robert that I talked to.

You know when I was a kid I dreamed of being a mountain man. I was born in the wrong century I fear

You know when I was a kid I dreamed of being a mountain man. I was born in the wrong century I fear

Yeah, I feel like I am out of place, don't quite belong here. But what you gonna do about it? Want to go back in time with me, if we can manage to build that time machine we keep talking about?

Yeah, I feel like I am out of place, don't quite belong here. But what you gonna do about it? Want to go back in time with me, if we can manage to build that time machine we keep talking about?

I know how you feel. I gravitate to old things. My suitcase is from the 1800's for petes sake

I enjoy modern things like cars and indoor plumbing but I feel that I would be happier if I was born a century ago. I do get my fix of the old west every summer when I go camping

My last post was cut short. Somehow it got posted before I wanted it to. So here goes again.

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm glad BobbiLynn hasn't caught Billy Jim Bob. He PM'd me again today Bobbi. I'll just quote him

Woman who live's in my home and my nemesis. You will not catch me! Let's just agree to disagree with each other. I have done nothing to hurt you and you just try to kill me. If you want to continue this game let it be assured you will loose.

Okay, now that I've done my public service message I want to talk a little about Home Brew Town. Most of you are probably familiar with Passedpawn's Neil Rockwell iconic town. Probably not many of you know it actually exists!

I'll post a couple pics just so you know I'm not blowing smoke up your backside.

Christmas time. Yooper's pub is next to the chapel.
christmas-hbt-58218.jpg

Me at my coffee shop on the corner of Main and 1st street. I'm the guy in white.
edward_hopper-nighthawks-1942-58219.jpg

As I get older, this might seem backwards. I'm thinking I'd like to start a commune, hippy commune if you'd like. I'd like to start this place on the outskirts of HomeBrewTown so will need to check with Passedpawn and the city council. If they give me permission (I know, that doesn't sound very hippy-ish.) If they do here is my quick plan.

Baths will be taken at least once a day. Ideally, they will be communal which could be a lot of fun.
There will be a strict physical fitness program each day. It will include but not limited to dancing, laughing and working our crops in the field.
I'm going to invite a few organic growers to this place to teach us all how to. We will eat the food we make. Not going to be buying much from the store if possible but that isn't a law. Let's see, we can grow our own veggies, make our own bread, brew our own beer, make our own cheese and sausages. I'd like to do this all organically and with all the spent grain we'll have from making beer there will be plenty of nutritious compost available.

It's just an idea but, hmm.. maybe.

Baths will be taken at least once a day. Ideally, they will be communal which could be a lot of fun.
There will be a strict physical fitness program each day. It will include but not limited to dancing, laughing and working our crops in the field.
I'm going to invite a few organic growers to this place to teach us all how to. We will eat the food we make. Not going to be buying much from the store if possible but that isn't a law. Let's see, we can grow our own veggies, make our own bread, brew our own beer, make our own cheese and sausages. I'd like to do this all organically and with all the spent grain we'll have from making beer there will be plenty of nutritious compost available.

It's just an idea but, hmm.. maybe.

I'm there!!! Or here!!! Maybe Robert the ghost can help us!!!

Who is Robert the ghost?

He's a guy I talked to a couple nights ago. Told me to go for a walk in the big green pasture behind the barn. I asked hubby who is Rob or Robert and where is this pasture? He said Mr. Robert S. used to own this property and there was a big green pasture behind the barn at one time!! 40 years ago!!

Okay Bobbi You are freaking me out. Ghost and what not are not in my comfort zone. Even if they do exist. Some damm ghost should come up to me one night and say BOO Dan! Maybe I'm nuts, that's not debatable. Eff ghost... Come at me bro!

Pappy you know you are my hero. I'm very glad you stopped by. Think I'd get the city council blessing?

passedpawn said:
Dan, you're a class act. I'd like to be in that commune. Unfortunately, I'm not sociable, so if I don't show up to the dances, don't take offense. Plus, I'm not accustomed to bathing that often.

You don't need to bathe, you have a swimming pool :)

Man I must be getting old. When I was young I would party every night staying out late and not sleeping much. One beer and cigar night though and for a few days all I want to drink is coffee and go to bed early

This sucks

Sorry to freak you out with the ghost story, Dan. No more ghosts. Scared me too. Well, unless there is a way he could help me with Billy Bob Jim.

I did put an egg out for the possum. A whole raw egg in the shell, just outside the trap though, so he'd have to find another way out and go around to get it.

You haven't caught that opossum yet? Shame. Shame. Guess you'll have to kick it up a notch. Here's some more music to get you in the mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get in my I love our country and armed forces mode.. I get a bit nuts. You can skip ahead if you want to. I won't call you a terrorist or commie. :D

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCu1cECnHo"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCu1cECnHo[/ame]

I just watched your last video and was sitting here in silence. I went to a funeral 3 months ago for a friend who was a jarhead.

salute and stay safe boys

Not only did I serve, my son also serves our country in the United States Marine Corps. My dad was in the Army. I like this next one. Every man or woman who served or is serving now deserves our praise. They make sacrifices for us each day and don't get a whole lot in turn except for the deserved honor they earned. I'm not perfect by any means and sometimes take for granted what these folks do. Bunch of great people in the USA's armed forces. Each one of them has a family at home. Serving your country is just about the most un-selfish thing a person can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1VZNtlyEII

Back