I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost is not an issue. I just don't want those neighbors anymore. I need a guy not from around here that just comes over for a few beers and "whoops" neighbors are dead...know what I mean?

If I came around, had some beers, and introduced myself, they'd be your homies for life. Ride or die.

If I came around, had some beers, and introduced myself, they'd be your homies for life. Ride or die.

Well, maybe. But these are a particular sort of *******. I would like to watch you work the magic on them. I think you and I would get along quite well and they would probably die of their own accord during our visit anyway.

Well, maybe. But these are a particular sort of *******. I would like to watch you work the magic on them. I think you and I would get along quite well and they would probably die of their own accord during our visit anyway.

This is the the most likely of all possible outcomes. Beer tends to make me lose track of time. Ask my wife.

A friend of mine had a birthday gathering today. We call it a gathering at our age. When we was younger and less responsible it was called a party. And a party it was back in those days. Copious amounts of contraband, alcohol, and possibly even guests hired at truck stops.

We've survived all that and now have gatherings instead. Children play on trampolines, we talk about how good our children behave, we eat steaks and there isn't anything illegal to be found anywhere.

Looking back on it, it's a miracle. We are all alive and well? We realized how life has transformed itself from one based on the moment to one based on long-term value. We realized how lucky we are that so many of us are still able to come together and still enjoy the company of each other.(Read: not dead) We survived ourselves. And amazingly, we are now all productive models of society. How did that happen? I don't know, but thank God it did. We have matured.

There is nothing better than standing back in middle age and being in the company of all of your old "running" buddies and seeing that everyone is ok, has their feet on the ground, and is doing good. It truly is a miracle. Our parents must have prayed really really hard and someone listened.

Been a few weeks since I've posted. Took the family camping for memorial day weekend. It was rainy and a bit chilly the entire time but we still had a great time just being together. Been pretty busy with work so it was nice to just shut it all off and enjoy each other's company.

Garden status as of Memorial Day.. (victory garden!)....

I have garden envy. I think I am probably safe from the frost if I plant this weekend. I picked up some landscape timbers today and am going to install a 18" x 30' raised bed on the south side of my house against the foundation. The grass grows far to well there so I figure it will be a good place for peppers and herbs.

I have been online shopping for summer work boots for about 3 weeks now. I sent back a few pair already. We have a Red Wing shop in town that has been there forever as far as I know. My "good" neighbor is actually the owner. He must be close to 90 and gets around better than me most days. I really do not know why I didn't think to go there in the first place. Anyway, here is what I picked up:

thumb2_img_20150529_173049_855-65652.jpg

The only model in the store that is actually still made in the USA! I had my sights on these immediately. My neighbor's son was tending the store today and he tried to steer me away a bit because they were "really expensive". They obviously do not do much online shopping...I walked out with them and a free bottle of oil for $235 and now I can work this summer without feeling like I have a plastic bag wrapped around my feet. That is what I can not handle is the synthetic liner in practically all shoes now days.

A friend of mine had a birthday gathering today. We call it a gathering at our age. When we was younger and less responsible it was called a party. And a party it was back in those days. Copious amounts of contraband, alcohol, and possibly even guests hired at truck stops.

We've survived all that and now have gatherings instead. Children play on trampolines, we talk about how good our children behave, we eat steaks and there isn't anything illegal to be found anywhere.

Looking back on it, it's a miracle. We are all alive and well? We realized how life has transformed itself from one based on the moment to one based on long-term value. We realized how lucky we are that so many of us are still able to come together and still enjoy the company of each other.(Read: not dead) We survived ourselves. And amazingly, we are now all productive models of society. How did that happen? I don't know, but thank God it did. We have matured.

There is nothing better than standing back in middle age and being in the company of all of your old "running" buddies and seeing that everyone is ok, has their feet on the ground, and is doing good. It truly is a miracle. Our parents must have prayed really really hard and someone listened.

This, the above post is going to become my all time favorite. You nailed it, everything you just said about life's journey wreaks familiarity. I believe angels, or whatever, carried us, kept us safe at times of youthful exuberance as well as times we never should have gotten through. A person gets older, wiser and the angels arent so busy with us; their job nearly done maybe. But they'll be around always.

Ps. "Angels" not the perfect discriptor and I had no religeous intent. "LifeForce", maybe better.

Hi guys. I'm heading out of the country for a week. You guys are the core group here, keeping it real. Hold down the fort while I'm away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uTAIpU0sa0

You should give us core guys a little more info on the trip. Hope it is a safe and happy one.

I got up at 4:30 this morning. It is amazing how much you can do in a day when you get up early. I think I'll sleep in tomorrow...

You should give us core guys a little more info on the trip.

Just a cruise with the family. Ports at Grand Caymans, Jamaica. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you what boat I'm getting on. Wife will tell me later today to get in the car.

I'm off right now to play some golf with my boys, then we head to Miami.

I am not subscribed to this thread, yet it persists in appearing in "My Replies". Bug in the forum?

I think My Replies is separate from the subscriptions. I think it shows you any thread you have replied in at all.

Enjoy the trip Passed

Hello Cheapo, LabRat and everyone.

My oldest son is 10 today. I worked most of the day trying to get my old mini bike (think Dumb and Dumber) going for him. I actually fixed it up with a new engine and everything for my daughter over ten years ago (she didn't like it). It has just been sitting for so long I think the carb is all gummed up. I took it apart and cleaned up the gas tank and everything I could easily get to. I actually got it to idle but it seems starved for gas when I try to throttle it up. I dumped in a bunch of sea foam with the fresh gas so I hope that works. If anyone has any advice, that would be great. It's a 3 1/2 hp Briggs.

We are all headed out for a birthday dinner now. Cheers all. Have a nice evening.

Hello Cheapo, LabRat and everyone.

My oldest son is 10 today. I worked most of the day trying to get my old mini bike (think Dumb and Dumber) going for him. I actually fixed it up with a new engine and everything for my daughter over ten years ago (she didn't like it). It has just been sitting for so long I think the carb is all gummed up. I took it apart and cleaned up the gas tank and everything I could easily get to. I actually got it to idle but it seems starved for gas when I try to throttle it up. I dumped in a bunch of sea foam with the fresh gas so I hope that works. If anyone has any advice, that would be great. It's a 3 1/2 hp Briggs.

We are all headed out for a birthday dinner now. Cheers all. Have a nice evening.

I had a Honda trail 70 when I was a kid. Beat the crap out of it. The starter pedal was broken so we always jump started it (put in neutral, run/push like the devil's chasing you, jump on and kick into gear and hope it starts). We used to make dirt ramps and that thing would fly through the air. We never had a helmet, it's a wonder we lived.

Hope you get the carb working. Maybe take it to a small engine repair place. For $100 they could probably replace it. I've taken them apart and tried to clean them out, but never had any real luck with that.

I had a Honda trail 70 when I was a kid. Beat the crap out of it. The starter pedal was broken so we always jump started it (put in neutral, run/push like the devil's chasing you, jump on and kick into gear and hope it starts). We used to make dirt ramps and that thing would fly through the air. We never had a helmet, it's a wonder we lived.

Hope you get the carb working. Maybe take it to a small engine repair place. For $100 they could probably replace it. I've taken them apart and tried to clean them out, but never had any real luck with that.

PP how was your trip?

Isch, good luck with the mini bike and happy bday to your son. My son is 11 and graduating from 6th grade tomorrow. My neighbor had a minibike that my parents forbade me from riding. I think that may have been mild child abuse.

First time I've posted in this thread. Quiet night here in Castle Rock Colorado. Brewing a batch outside on a burner for the first time. Great night.

Those old Hondas were awesome. My uncle had one and let me ride it once. I wish I had his.

I ordered a new carb. I thought I had it today when I noticed that the bolts holding the carb to the engine were loose. It ran great for a while.

Isch, good luck with the mini bike and happy bday to your son. My son is 11 and graduating from 6th grade tomorrow. My neighbor had a minibike that my parents forbade me from riding. I think that may have been mild child abuse.

Thank you and thank you. I am making progress with the mini bike and my son said he had the best birthday ever. That is certainly child abuse.

Good trip. Loads of relaxation, just what I needed.

Good for you. I need some of that. I will have to wait until August.

Here is the hog. My daughter picked the colors on the first overhaul.

thumb2_img_20150619_105950_506-65773.jpg

Here is the hog. My daughter picked the colors on the first overhaul.

Holy moly! Ape hanger handlebars too. To me nothing was more fun as a kid than a minibike! Nice job keeping 'er around all these years. I dig that, Ischiavo. My son is, hmm... Soon to be 26. He still has the Daisy Red rider i gave him when he was 9 or 10. Imade a really nice gun case for it as

Back